No announcement yet.

Seat belt question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And you sure see a lot of factory seats in 'caged cars w/aftermarket racing belts. I can see where it's 100 X's more important in LSR than a typical street/strip drag oriented car. I agree, everything needs to be compatible when it comes to safety.
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman71 View Post
      i had a bar in one of the other cutlasses, i only used the lap part of the belt on the street
      I'm a big seat belt wearer. On my old Firebird it had the double buckle, one for the shoulder and one for the lap and I wore them both religiously. My brother and his friend were wearing them when they t-boned a full size dodge at 40mph and they both walked away with out a scratch. I often wish the T-bird had a shoulder strap. But to each his own.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

There is a company that makes shoulder restraint kits for cars that only had lap belts. I was talking with a guy who put them in his Fury a while back and he sent me the info, I will look in my messages to see if I can find it.
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by Vegaman View Post
          It does have the non retractable shoulder belts that just clip onto the lap belt but I've always hated those and never use them
          Go to pull a part and find a Vega/Monza older than 1973. You can find the mounting hardware cheap. I probably put new belts instead of using the old ones, though.

Comment

Check with Juliano's Street Rods. They make great three point retractable seat belts designed to be put in vehicles that did not come with them. You do have to do some modification depending on the vehicle, but they work great. We put a set in my son's first car, a '55 Studebaker sedan, several years ago and I am no putting them in the '65 I am getting ready to put on the road. Juliano's tech folks can give suggestions for various applications.

Lap Belts, Retractable Lap Belts, Shoulder Belts, 3 Point Seat Belts, Direct Fit Replacement Seat Belts, Seat Belt Mounting Hardware, Seat Belt Anchor Plates, Seat Belt Retractors, Seat Belt Covers, Seat Belt Guide, Seat Belt Extension, Seat Belt Accessories

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
              I'm a big seat belt wearer. On my old Firebird it had the double buckle, one for the shoulder and one for the lap and I wore them both religiously. My brother and his friend were wearing them when they t-boned a full size dodge at 40mph and they both walked away with out a scratch. I often wish the T-bird had a shoulder strap. But to each his own.
              My Caprice has the two buckle set up. The shoulder belt's buckle ends up on my sternum. I like three point belts (most effective safety item ever put in a car), but having that metal block there scares me.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                My Caprice has the two buckle set up. The shoulder belt's buckle ends up on my sternum. I like three point belts (most effective safety item ever put in a car), but having that metal block there scares me.

Really? Both my friend's '69 Olds and my '69 Firebird's when adjusted the buckle lands down by my hip.
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                  Check with Juliano's Street Rods. They make great three point retractable seat belts designed to be put in vehicles that did not come with them. You do have to do some modification depending on the vehicle, but they work great. We put a set in my son's first car, a '55 Studebaker sedan, several years ago and I am no putting them in the '65 I am getting ready to put on the road. Juliano's tech folks can give suggestions for various applications.

http://julianos.com/retract_3point.html

Another option, thanks, I'll check it out
                  "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post

http://julianos.com/retract_3point.html
                    I found my emails from the guy I mentioned earlier....this is the same company he used.
                    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                    X