Weekend Plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend Plans?

Whats going on this weekend? Anyone have any big plans? doing anything cool?

I have a "long 3 day" starting tomorrow...BUT...I am coming into work at 0600 to administer some remedial "training" for some Airmen who seem to like to waste my time. After I get thru with them they will either stop effing around and get their $hit straigt or I will make it my lifes mission to make them go away. Then when that fun is over I plan on planting my fat a$$ on the couch and killing brain cells by watching TV. Pathetic...I need a life.
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
    Going for a productive weekend. List of things I'm hoping to accomplish:
    Change proportioning valve and bleed brakes on Skylark
    Install a new Stereo in the Skylark
    Install cruise control on the Skylark
    Swap the front tires between the Firebird and Skylark
    Use plastigage to check the clearances on used OHC six bearings

Hope to get that done.
    I hit the Random Thoughts thread a bit ago =P
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Nothing major this weekend but I'm shooting down to Hilton Head next weekend for a few days.
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

KU vs MU Saturday.
        Celebrate or drown sorrows Sunday.
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

That sounds like it could be fun....If I cared I would walk my butt out to the Fury and rebuild the carb and start driving it again...but I am am fresh out of giveashit when it comes to that car.
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Saturday: I am watching the kids, so we're doing "guy stuff" which is (1) pick up the motor I bought to build for the Caprice (2) Going to my buddy's X-Mas tree bonfire in Brutus (3) drinking beer...the kids are excluded from 3.

Sunday: (1) Shooting a feature car with Dave Nutting. 1969 Pro Street Mustang fastback with a 600ci Alan Root headed Ford Hemi (2) drinking beer.
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

hoping the paint gets sprayed on the volvo this weekend...

I don't have any plans, now that robot building is over. I'm sure I'll come up with something to do though.
              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                Saturday: I am watching the kids, so we're doing "guy stuff" which is (1) pick up the motor I bought to build for the Caprice (2) Going to my buddy's X-Mas tree bonfire in Brutus (3) drinking beer...the kids are excluded from 3.

Sunday: (1) Shooting a feature car with Dave Nutting. 1969 Pro Street Mustang fastback with a 600ci Alan Root headed Ford Hemi (2) drinking beer.
                I'm jealous...maybe I need to try to make some friends...

Comment

Daytona 500 Party

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                    That sounds like it could be fun....If I cared I would walk my butt out to the Fury and rebuild the carb and start driving it again...but I am am fresh out of giveashit when it comes to that car.
                    I've finally got off the Thunderbird kick. It had my attention for most of January, and now the Skylark finally has my interest again. It's needed the proportioning valve for quite a while, the stereo because I'm bored with the stereo in it and cruise control because I think I have the last piece I needed to get it working.

Comment

taking the mustang to the dyno tomorrow, I will post up the results when I can. Have a reverse raffle on saturday, cash bar boo!. sunday mom comes over for dinner.
                      Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Going for a productive weekend. List of things I'm hoping to accomplish:
                        Change proportioning valve and bleed brakes on Skylark
                        Install a new Stereo in the Skylark
                        Install cruise control on the Skylark
                        Swap the front tires between the Firebird and Skylark
                        Use plastigage to check the clearances on used OHC six bearings

Hope to get that done.
                        I just went out and fired up the Skylark. Got to love EFI, it fired right up (hasn't been started in probably a month, and we've had a few sub-zero days lately, so it's definitely cold). But now I've added to the list of things to do. I need to swap the 105 amp alternator back on, I'm still running the 63 amp unit I put on from Drag Week, and while I'm doing that I need to shim the brackets out a bit, the belt isn't quite inline with the water pump and crank pulleys.

And while out there I remembered I wanted to clean up some of the landscaping. Basically make the berm work around the levels neater and also fill in some holes I still have back there that need to be filled in.

Plus the Jeep has a dead battery and flat tire, so I just put the battery on a charger, but I need to either put the spare on the jeep or take the tire in to find and patch the leak (it already has about six plugs in it, LOL). My former boss is taking the Jeep off my hands for a hunting vehicle. He already bought a new radiator for it. He got one from a ~'91 Jeep that has a filler neck on it, so hopefully it's easier to burp the system. That's part of the overheating issue, though it's not all of it. For just running around the local mountains in winter it'll likely be fine, though I did recommend replacing the engine, or at least pulling the head and seeing if it has a blown head gasket. So I want to move the Jeep to a place easier to swap the radiator on too.
                        Last edited by TheSilverBuick; February 23, 2012, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
                          taking the mustang to the dyno tomorrow, I will post up the results when I can. Have a reverse raffle on saturday, cash bar boo!. sunday mom comes over for dinner.
                          Reverse raffle?
                          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

"The same thing I do every weekend, Pinky.."
                            Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

i might take some pictures
                              Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Working...
                              X