Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cyclone03's Road Trip (TX-CA the easy way...I hope)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cyclone03's Road Trip (TX-CA the easy way...I hope)

Althought the trip doesn't start till Monday I wanted to put this up early.
    The plan is to leave Cibolo Tx at o gawd it's early make only gas and food stops and arrive in Tucson AZ for an over night at my friends place. Then head out around 9 toward CA. I might try to stop by Spectre to show off thier air cleaner they fabbed for me.
    Then to Simi Valley Ca.

Brain has offered to upload my pictures for me,thank Brian.

Nothing like cannon balling across a large part of the country. Drive safe! Get some gas station pictures of the car along the way too.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

The weather should be outstanding next week here in Tucson. Enjoy your stay.
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Have a good trip! Keep your eyes open for relics.
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

The only bummer will be the pricey petrol. Still a great trip! Drive safe.......

Dan

Comment

Pretty much ready now,I just picked up my Fire Extingishers from recharge,car is insured with Hagerty,Tools,Timing Light,jets and air bleeds,cleaning supplies,spares...

Pricey petrol,I see know way around that if I wait most likely it will only be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
              Nothing like cannon balling across a large part of the country. Drive safe! Get some gas station pictures of the car along the way too.
              I'll have to ask a fellow traviler to take my pic fueling up,I still like that pic of you filling the Trans AM.

Comment

This trip is more than me just driving an old Mustang cross country because I think I can.
                It's about my Dad.
                11 years ago he had a stroke,he can not speak and has limited control of his right arm. He has other med problems too,and fatiges quickly.He's good for about 1 hour or so then needs to lay down about the same amount of time. Because of that and more,it's very difficult for my parents to travel. The 2 flights they took 9 and 6 years ago took nearly 2 hours for the TSA to clear him...it's a long story.
                My dad gave up hot rodding in 1963,the year after I was born. He and Mom are friends with Craig Breedlove and dad helped him build his first Sprit of America and some work on Sprit II. He did hot rod his VW over the years but when the Mustang Bug got me in 1979 he was always a part of it.
                I spent about 3 years redoing this Mustang from the ground up and I want to take him for a couple rides a day while I'm out there.

So what the hell...
                Jump in Dad where going for a ride.

Comment

Here's Cyclone's 'Stang!
                  Attached Files
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

open exhaust for mpg

Comment

3" ain't enough?

Comment

Looks sharp!
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

OK 12 Hours till blast off,car is loaded and Gassed,BS stickers in place it's on.

Lunch in El Paso anybody?

In-n-Out on Tuesday in Pheonix.

Comment

Beautiful car...what are the specs on the FE? Have a safe trip, take lots of pics and enjoy the quality time with your folks.
                            Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

I thought I replyed earlier today...oh well
                              The car is a 68 Mustang with a 390 stroked to 433ci,TREMEC TKO600
                              With a 3,70 traction lock.Edelbrock heads ported by Survival Motorsports
                              Performer RPM custom grind Cam Research cam.

Day one report,about 900 miles in 14 hours,no record there.
                              I ran the required Texas Autobahn speed of 80 for
                              My first 2 tanks after the 2nd tank full averaged 13.2 I decided to throttle back
                              to 75.That and a jet change and timing adjustment brought the
                              average back to 15.5. It was about 1/2 way into the third tank that I noticed the
                              afr staying around 12.5 again. As I was running the pros and cons
                              of a second jet change I hit the menu button on my gps and noticed
                              I was at 3500 ft. I know Ill just be chasing my tail on jetting
                              so I crutched it a little with a mixture adjustment and ate the 2mpg the next 3 fill ups.
                              I did have a replay in El Paso of a problem I thought I beat last year
                              When after a long light the engine flooded as I crossed the intersection.
                              I got it into a parking lot and found both float levels very low(?). (Demon carb)
                              This seemed odd but I raised the primary and all was well the
                              rest of the day.
                              It's late so I'll sign off for tonight.
                              Last edited by Cyclone03; February 29, 2012, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X