the "I want a t-bucket" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the "I want a t-bucket" thread

these fat comfy and slow cars are getting me down.

I want one of these. Click image for larger version

Name:	1923tbucketsr122908.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	878410

How strict are they on fenders I wonder? I am not sure I like them with fenders, but this state (TX) requires them.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

I think that T is here in Tucson, if not its twin is here...it pops up at the cruises now and then

I want a T as well someday...one of 60's vintage with brass what-nots and do-dads, crazy flake panel paint...not the safest machines on the road but man they sure look like a hoot.

No fender restrictions here in Az either....

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
      these fat comfy and slow cars are getting me down.

I want one of these. [ATTACH=CONFIG]9367[/ATTACH]

How strict are they on fenders I wonder? I am not sure I like them with fenders, but this state (TX) requires them.
      They don't require fenders here in AZ..........

They pretty much let anything drive down the street......Hell, I even think I saw Franklin driving down the street in the Propster.......

Comment

I dont want a Fad T, I want something like a slightly more civilized, streetable, and two seat version of this. Power by big inch Pontiac or 351C 4V of course.

Comment

Bill Smith bought out total performance , you used to be able to build em cheap

Comment

I want one too - for some reason, I've wanted to go look through junkyards to see if I can find a V12 to power one, just to be more outrageous.

Comment

That'd sound sick, a zooomied jag engine.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

those are cool, I've almost pulled the trigger a few times on motors for a T - my latest dumb thought is twin Buick 320 ci straight 8s, with some kind of forced induction.... side by side, one backwards to the other connected by a mongo motorcycle chain... nope, haven't thought about this much at all.... blue, of course, after all, blue is a calming color
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Can't drive 'em........will mess up both of my hairs
                  Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                    Can't drive 'em........will mess up both of my hairs
                    that just makes you go faster - good aero
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

An old issue of PHR had complete plans on how to build one, they even did a monthly series. I know I have the book, it was early 70's I will have to find it and maybe post em' for you guys.

Comment

The only thing that puts me off of them is they look like they would toss you right out of them the first pot hole you hit. Other than that I think they're cool
                        "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

We were just talking about building one yesterday. I saw a V10 ford van wadded up and thought that would be a cool t-bucket motor with ten injector stacks and zoomies. The wife always wanted an open car.

Comment

there may be a fender law in texas but ive yet to hear of someone getting popped for it. When I went to austin a couple weeks ago and we stopped at the bbq joint in Sealy, 2 local pd and 2 dps were checking out the truck and sat by us and none of them said anything about it
                            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Working...
                            X