No announcement yet.

Robby Gordon Complains About Past Champions Provisional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danica is so much of a hazard she is ON THE POLE for the Nationwide race.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
      Guess the whole field is going to a backup car on lap 2...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
        #7-Robby Gordon, who had to drive his way into the Daytona 500, is not a fan of the past champion's exemption, and he singled out Terry Labonte. "I think that should be based if you were with that team when you win the championship, not just because you win a championship, because that takes a spot from teams that are working really hard to get in the Daytona 500," Gordon said. "Rules are rules and we made it fair and square by being fast enough. I'm proud of my team and I'm proud to be in the Daytona 500." Labonte, who ran only 12 laps in the first duel because of a vibration, does not have a backup car and did not want to jeopardize his chances of running Sunday, so he retired early. That's a luxury Gordon didn't have. "Obviously I've got a lot of respect for Terry," Gordon said. "This is not a Terry Labonte thing. There are only eight cars that make the Daytona 500. He takes one of those spots. Now seven guys make the Daytona 500. Four make it in qualifying races, three make it on speed. It's just not right. Why take a free ride when the rest of us have to bust our butts to get into the 500?"(Daytona Beach News Journal)
        AND Labonte's side of the story, though, was simple: he was simply taking advantage of the rules in place. With the #32 FAS Lane team he drove for without the money to buy a backup car, crashing in the Duels meant starting in Sunday's Daytona 500 would be impossible. "That's the only car we got," he explained. "That wreck was right in front of us, there, and we just couldn't take a chance on wrecking it. I think we practiced enough [Wednesday], in a pack, and what little we did today, the car's really good but we just couldn't risk it."
        More France family inanity. Brian (Fredo) France was born on 3rd base and claims he hit a triple.

Comment

forgot about 96 , thought gordon won them all

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
            Being on the pole and winning are to different things.....I bet she doesn't even make the top 10...........

Comment

Going from "hazard" to not winning is a significant upgrade!
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I really want to like Robby but danmed if he doesn't have something to complain about every time he opens his mouth

Comment

Originally posted by Caustic Frog View Post
                  Guess the whole field is going to a backup car on lap 2...
                  That caused a chuckle ...

cheers
                  Ed
                  Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                  07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                  88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Nascar......Watching people make left hand turns really fast, while some over enthusiastic announcer tries to make it sound exciting........

Comment

Working...
                    X