way off topic....but Aquariums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• way off topic....but Aquariums?

So who here has an aquarium set up? I did years ago, but when we moved here we just gave it up.

I had the ultimate bad boy fishes back then, everything from red bellied pirannas, oscars, garrs, wolf fish, different cat fish, arowannas , and my personal favorites SNAKEHEADS (Channa micropeltes) . My 3 snake heads were 26", 34" and 38" long and would eat 2 lbs of large shinners every other day! they ate sunnys, the oscars, the pirannas and even the sucker fish! If it moved , they ate it! And NO , mine all died from mercury poison...not in a lake!
    Well I have had other fish , but I always ended up with tank busters.

So while cleaning my basement, I found the wifes old tank, we just shut it down , ( no fish) and left all the water evaporate. No Im thinking of setting that one up again.
    Last edited by ls7gto; February 24, 2012, 05:29 PM.
    Reading , Pa
    Good Guys rodders rep.
    "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

My step-dad has a couple aquariums, three or four over 1,000 gallons.

Here is the main one when he was installing it.

I'm always joking it's like an evil villains lair there He had a big school of fish for a while that would just go back and forth all day.
    Last edited by TheSilverBuick; February 24, 2012, 07:03 PM.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

post in the toys for boys section !!!

Comment

I have a 75 gallon saltwater reef tank sitting here behind me in my office........

Comment

lava lamp

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
            I have a 75 gallon saltwater reef tank sitting here behind me in my office........
            Pics please!
            trying to see if i want to get into it again!
            Reading , Pa
            Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

ive had aquariums ever since i was a little kid. i always went for the more agressive fish. cichlids when i was younger. a few years ago i had 8-10 tanks up to a 55. it was driving my wife nuts. i bought an oceanic 125 or 150 i forget what the hell it is, and i got rid of the rest. my favorite tanks were the old school stainless frames with slate bottoms. no good way to put a cover on them though. right now i just have a couple cat fish. for a while i got really into the characins. i had a bunch of the freshwater barracudas, they are probably my favorites along with the saber tooth tetras, i had one african tiger fish, i probably will never get another one of those, you pretty much cant keep them with anything. very cool looking though. one of my favorites was the african tiger pike, i also had a bunch of hujeta gars. i like the needlefish too. i dont really get into the scientific names. most of them werent really aggresive towards each other, if they knew they couldnt eat it, they wouldnt bother it. i had a bunch of clown knives through the years, albino and regular the last one i had was an albine it was probably over 20" when i got rid of it. when the lights went out it was like a hoover. as much as i liked it, it was starting to piss me off. arrowanas are way cool, but that is one thing i never had any luck keeping. im a sucker for catfish too. i need to load this tank up, my kid likes it hell really like it with more fish. i like to set them up like a river, natural looking, dark gravel, and plants.
              Last edited by 1931s/x; February 26, 2012, 06:00 PM.

Comment

I think I may set this little 35 gallon octagon, to seeif I still enjoy it. Some sweet fish there 1931! The wife wants to start with some angel fish and blue rams ( she is a rams fan) I would rather try a african Tiger fish ! If you got some pics Post them up!
                Last edited by ls7gto; February 26, 2012, 07:18 PM.
                Reading , Pa
                Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

i had a 55 gallon years ago... was into south american and african cichlids..

Comment

Originally posted by bulletproof View Post
                    i had a 55 gallon years ago... was into south american and african cichlids..
                    That's what my step-Dad was into for years and years. He kinda got away from them in the last couple years but has since has one huge by large aquarium dedicated to them again.
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I had always wanted one, until I got one and realized how much freaking work is involved. More work than owning a dog. I did really enjoy it tho. I had a few fresh water "sharks" in a 30 gallon, I had to get rid of it, it was just too much for me...I have a 2 gallon with a Beta now...easy-peezy.
                      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                        My step-dad has a couple aquariums, three or four over 1,000 gallons.

Here is the main one when he was installing it.

I'm always joking it's like an evil villains lair there He had a big school of fish for a while that would just go back and forth all day.
                        That ain't a fish tank. It's a swimmin' pool.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I'm an Aquarium myself - January 28th.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                          X