Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Now THIS is a crash

Hey Steve,

I think Webber's is the one at like 2-3 seconds. His occurred in practice before the race. That's right kiddies, the other team car did the exact same thing as the one during the race.

Imagine climbing into the other IDENTICAL car and wondering if the same thing is going to happen, and driving like you know it isn't (of course it did...but).

I can just see the crew guy cinching his belts and tapping him on the helmet. Giving him the ol'thumbs up and a "good luck kid!"

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
      Hey Steve,
      I think Webber's is the one at like 2-3 seconds. His occurred in practice before the race. That's right kiddies, the other team car did the exact same thing as the one during the race.
      Imagine climbing into the other IDENTICAL car and wondering if the same thing is going to happen, and driving like you know it isn't (of course it did...but).
      I can just see the crew guy cinching his belts and tapping him on the helmet. Giving him the ol'thumbs up and a "good luck kid!"
      Brian
      I remember watching that race coverage while I was living in Sydney. First the car lifting off like a jet fighter, some head scratching, then they come up with "OK, maybe there is a problem with the aerodynamics, but let's send out the other one anyhow".
      Duh !!
      :P

Comment

I think the only problem with the aero is that they couldn't find a wind tunnel to simulate that rise on the fastest part of the straight.

I agree with you though Steve. Once the first one went into low Earth Orbit, it mighta been a good idea to pull the plug.

Then again if we all thought like you and I they woulda shelved fuel altereds after the first run!

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
        X