One fast mower part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One fast mower part 2

Hey guys, I just got my membership approved, and thought that I should introduce myself.

First off, I wanna thank peewee for trying his hardest to get me on here, and introducing me to the forum in the first place.

As you might have gathered from the last thread, I am a mower afficianado, at one time a land speed record holder, and car enthusiast.

this is the mower, its a 1983 craftsman with a fully built briggs 40ci v-twin.
    Quick speed run on my racing mower. briggs v-twin, about 65-75 mph in this run.best I've got is 80 so far.

In the garage for me is a '98 crown vic police interceptor, and a '76 bmw 2002 (dads)

I autocross it, and occasionally go to sebring when I can afford it.

I am a hot rod guy at heart, but it doesn't show at the moment, as college students very rarely have enough money for sweet toys.

I hope to be an active member of this forum, and hope to contribute my knowledge as well as learn from all of you.

I am a member of the following forums, incase any of you have any association with them.

crownvic.net (panther platform forum)
    heymow.com (mower racing forum)
    motoredbikes.com (motorized bicycle forum)
    advrider.net (adventure motorcycle touring site)
    southernairboat.com (airboats)

sweet!!! glad you are here!!! we are a different bunch here, but some great people are here and helpful too!!!
    glad to meet you, if you cant read my tiny sig line my name is Cobey later
    COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

that mower is fast as heck!!! crazy!!!
      COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I've got to ask where you are with the airboat reference.
        "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Welcome! Glad Peewee stuck it out and got you registered. I'm one of the Old Farts on here but young at heart - if you're a college student, I'm plenty old enough to be your Grandpa.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
            Welcome to the forum. I've got to ask where you are with the airboat reference.
            The foilage in the lawn mower pic looks like Florida, and the Sebring reference makes me think somewhere south central.

I have a question though, does it have a gas peddle or do you just put the lever up from the turtle to the rabbit to go that fast?
            I would think a teather to the ignition or something would be a good idea if thats the case.
            Originally posted by TC
            also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel View Post
              The foilage in the lawn mower pic looks like Florida, and the Sebring reference makes me think somewhere south central.

I have a question though, does it have a gas peddle or do you just put the lever up from the turtle to the rabbit to go that fast?
              I would think a teather to the ignition or something would be a good idea if thats the case.
              Awesome guess!

I am in Englewood, FL. South of Venice, wich is south of Sarasota. On the gulf of mexico.

I am in the process of putting together an airboat for flats fishing, a 13-16 foot with a 455 buick on the back.

And the throttle is located on the steering wheel kind of like a jetski, or a reverse four-wheeler setup.
              When racing, I use my right foot to brace myself in the turns, so it has to be on the steering wheel.

this video shows it pretty well
              Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

Just saw the newbies introduce yourself thread at the top....duh.

Well, i guess it isnt that hard to tell im a newbie, and the thread is already started, so oh well.

Comment

I've got friends in Englewood and North Port! I was down there August 13th 2004 for Charley.
                  "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

We got real lucky for charley and the accompanying storms... that was a whole year spent with fingers crossed.

And if your buddies have sweet cars, ive probably seen em around town, I frequent about every car show now a days.

Comment

My in-laws live in Englewood, I go there every spring break...
                      Originally posted by TC
                      also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

My Mom was in Clearwater for more than 30 years. She died last summer so I won't be heading that way as much as I have been. Still, a beautiful part of the world.

Dan

Comment

Yaaaayyyyyyyyy! Welcome Alex! I just KNEW it would be a pleasure having you here, and you'll enjoy the heck out of it too.

And when I climbed into this mosh pit of horsepower, I skipped the "introduce yourself" part, too. These guys are corrupters, enablers, comedians, rocket scientists, all that and more. They ultimately inspired me to have four more tires than I ever needed, but it took a couple years, but you're already there (fast stuff). Yes, we needed you in this fray called BangShift, and it'll be a mutual blast.

Big grins, glad you made it on board man.
                          Last edited by pdub; February 28, 2012, 02:06 PM.
                          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                            My Mom was in Clearwater for more than 30 years. She died last summer so I won't be heading that way as much as I have been. Still, a beautiful part of the world.

Dan
                            1. Sorry to hear about your mom man.
                            2. I am thankful for living here every day, and especially every winter, when I am out fishing the flats, and half of the country is freezing their asses off.

(people gonna hate me for that one)

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                              Yaaaayyyyyyyyy! Welcome Alex! I just KNEW it would be a pleasure having you here, and you'll enjoy the heck out of it too.

And when I climbed into this mosh pit of horsepower, I skipped the "introduce yourself" part, too. These guys are corrupters, enablers, comedians, rocket scientists, all that and more. They ultimately inspired me to have four more tires than I ever needed, but it took a couple years, but you're already there (fast stuff). Yes, we needed you in this fray called BangShift, and it'll be a mutual blast.

Big grins, glad you made it on board man.
                              It was you that helped to keep me motivated enough to stick it out and stay with it. hats///off to you

I hope to be of some help technically, but my knowledge is slightly limited when it comes to hot-rodding cars.
                              Although, if any of you have any questions small-engine wise, or motorcycle-related, I consider myself to be well-versed in those subjects. (I love old 2 smokes)

Comment

Working...
                              X