Mark Williams Enterprises Leaves NHRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brian:

I believe that New England Dragway and a few drag strips in Maine are the only ones left in the New England states.

Jimbo

Comment

they closed connecticut dragway to racers in the early eighties ..toyota ...err I mean CONSUMER REPORTS magazine uses it for testing cars and toasters to this day

Comment

I used to envy my friends in SoCal, but now I'm almost embarrassed at how easy it is to get to a track:

75-80 - 20 mins
        Mason-Dixon - < 1 hour
        Capitol Raceway - < 1 hour
        Old Dominion - < 1 hour
        Cecil County - < 1.5 hours
        Budds Creek - < 2 hours
        Maple Grove - < 2.5 hours
        Richmond - < 2.5 hours
        Atco - 2.5 hours
        Englishtown - 3.5 hours

I guess there's something to be said for the mid-atlantic after all.
        "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo17 View Post
          Brian:

I believe that New England Dragway and a few drag strips in Maine are the only ones left in the New England states.

Jimbo
          Jimbo, that is correct. New England Dragway, Winterport - Maine, Oxford Plains - Maine - Napierville QC -

NY alone has six strips -- Jersey has three
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by PatricksDad View Post
            I used to envy my friends in SoCal, but now I'm almost embarrassed at how easy it is to get to a track:

75-80 - 20 mins
            Mason-Dixon - < 1 hour
            Capitol Raceway - < 1 hour
            Old Dominion - < 1 hour
            Cecil County - < 1.5 hours
            Budds Creek - < 2 hours
            Maple Grove - < 2.5 hours
            Richmond - < 2.5 hours
            Atco - 2.5 hours
            Englishtown - 3.5 hours

I guess there's something to be said for the mid-atlantic after all.
            Don't forget Quarter Aces Dragway (South Mountain) just outside of Carlisle Pa, just over an hour west of the Grove.
            Time Wasters...
            http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
            http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

I just drove by Firebird and went to my old Base,Williams AFB,yesterday Holly hell what the heck happened to the east valley!
              The whole area around the base is houses,malls and shopping centers,wow somebody spent a few bucks.
              The tower at Firebird looks tiny against the back drop of whatever has been built around it.

Maybe they'll just move Firebird to the old BeeLine site.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Grippo View Post
                Don't forget Quarter Aces Dragway (South Mountain) just outside of Carlisle Pa, just over an hour west of the Grove.
                I've never been, Joe. Is it worth the trip?

I can do the drive to the "real" Grove (Mechanicsburg) in under 90 minutes, probably in my sleep!
                "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                  Coronet, I believe that it is pretty solid. I have spoken to a few informed parties off the record and they are confirming everything that has been published thus far with the tribe not having any interest in signing an option on the lease.
                  There is an issue with the Natives that own the property, its been pretty big news out here. The owner is already looking for a place to build a new facility...The Natives already have delelopment plans to build a mall/shopping center on the property...Like that area needs another effing mall/shopping center
                  Last edited by JOES66FURY; March 7, 2012, 08:08 AM.
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                  X