Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saying goodbye to pets...yeah, it's my turn.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear about that Bryan -
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Sorry man, it's truly like loosing a family member, it's painful on every level.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

over the years ive had dogs,cats,rabbits and an iguana...never really got attached to any of them...have a female bassit hound thats really growing on me,,my mom "got" my daughter a kitten last summer..i wasnt to happy to say the least!!! now he's part of the family...i took him to get his junk cut .when we went to pick him up from the vet there was a note that a family member had to remove him from the recovery cage...when i went to recovery everyone gathered around saying he wont let anyone near him and that he tried to bite everyone..he hissed at me,,, then i said his name (puppy) his ears stood back up and he crawled into my arms ...at that point i was pretty much done,,he broke me down... its strange that we let these little guys get to us they way they do.. hang in there.....

Comment

I have aways said the more I know people the more I love my pets sorry to hear it.

Comment

Oh I am so sorry about your kitty. He is lucky he had you and you were lucky to have him. Pets just don't live long enough.
            That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
              Oh I am so sorry about your kitty. He is lucky he had you and you were lucky to have him. Pets just don't live long enough.
              I try to think that since they are with us for a shorter time, they burn much brighter and are all the more beautiful for it.
              "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

Bryan and Haley - Sorry for the upcoming loss. If it's any consolation, I was sorry that we didn't have the option of euthanasia for Mom in her last few days - it would have been kinder even though Hospice kept her as comfortable as possible.

We lost our Beaux in July so it's pretty fresh for us. King moped around for weeks and so did we. But you DO move on eventually and if you're wise you open your home and heart to a new one once the sting has died down a bit. One of the unfair bits of life is that animals don't live as long as we do.

Hang in there
                Dan

Comment

Thanks Dan. Bryan should be getting ready to take Diesel to the vet in a few minutes
                  Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

Sorry for your loss man, I know he ment a lot to you. It is never easy saying good by to a loved pet...
                    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Thanks, guys. He went peacefully, purring until the end.
                      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Lost our old dog of 14 years last month. Blind in one eye and deaf, atleast he went quick. He lives on in his pup... he misses him too

Sorry for your loss
                        Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

R.I.P. Diesel -
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
                            Thanks, guys. He went peacefully, purring until the end.
                            You were with him. He knew there was nothing to fear. Rest in peace Diesel.
                            I'm probably wrong

Comment

Bummer man, sorry to hear. I'd had lost dogs due to cancer, I am most broke up over the lost of our german shepherd Rommel {or Meathead as my passed-on stepdad would call the idiot}...I will relay this story about rommel...He was getting old...like 16 years old for a 75 pound shepherd...got hip displasia and basically we had to carry him outside in his last days to hold him up to go.
                              He liked to just lay in the basement, at the bottom of the steps, nice and cool in the summer. Sort of his long term spot.
                              Mom came home...and he could not get up. Only could barely move his head.
                              She knew...knew it was his time. She went down to him, sat on the bottom step.
                              This dog, this crazy ass dog she saved from a kennel so many years before...managed to slink to her, wedge his head into her lap while she was crying...licked her hand and looked up at her, and was then just gone.
                              Makes me tear up thinking about it now. Have some other dogs, and stories as such...so I feel for you man.
                              Andrew
                              1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                              2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

I know the picture is of a Dog but it is the same for any pets.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	427070_370044893016111_197258843628051_1247057_29944316_n[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	860873
                                That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Working...
                                X