Cool Story About a Guy Who Saved His Company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Story About a Guy Who Saved His Company

Ring Masters of Massilion Ohio was on the verge of closing in 2002 until employee Tony Lee stepped in & took the reins. He started as a janitor, & worked his way through the company learning every job. 9 yrs later he's an owner, the company turns a decent profit, & 20 people still have a job with more jobs being added soon.

This story makes me proud, & gives me hope that Made in USA can still make a comeback.

Tony Lee always dreamed of owning his own business and sending his kids to college. Today, he's co-owner of Ring Masters, a company that makes engine rings for industrial use, and his daughter is heading to college next fall. Tony is hoping she'll be the first college graduate in the family. Tony has achieved some [...]

awesome.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Thank you for posting. Great Story!
      Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

yep cool beans, this could happen a lot more I think
        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

OK. Now I have wet eyes. These kinds of stories really speak to me. It's been my contention for a number of years that many if not most accomplish their jobs in spite of, rather than because of, their managers. Put the "idiots" in charge of the asylum and the patients start getting better.

Good for Tony and his coworkers.

Dan

Comment

That's what I'm talking about! He had to come up with $25k out of his pocket to become an investor - now he's sending his child to college - that's a true American success story - doing things lots of folks don't think we can do anymore BUILD SOMETHING
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

it is a great story. Downsizing from a Big Corporate to locally owned.
              Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

That which you manifest is before you.
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I was thinking they were making piston rings - was going to see if we could figure out how to buy from them, but they make retainer rings, not piston rings.
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Great story! very inspiring.
                    HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                    DW- 12,16,17
                    "Stay thirsty my friends"
                    The worlds most interesting man

Comment

very cool...

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                        That's what I'm talking about! He had to come up with $25k out of his pocket to become an investor - now he's sending his child to college - that's a true American success story - doing things lots of folks don't think we can do anymore BUILD SOMETHING

that is inspiring.

I was reading this about pratt and whitney (link) local.

maine has classic stories of random strangers randomly house robbed...it is daily. I hide in the city...next to the dump.

detroit is heavenly.

if back when I knew where to go to now...
                        exactly my cup of tea.. machinist in alloys making things. If manufacture did not work, find any of 700 million voids and step up to be a billionare on your own.

300cfm singular injection, all kinds of stuff missing out there.
                        Last edited by Barry Donovan; March 3, 2012, 08:28 AM.
                        Previously boxer3main
                        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

glad to hear its happening!!
                          COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Can we write him in for the 2013 Presidential elections? He's a true American hero and I'd vote for him.
                            Tom
                            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Working...
                            X