Am I Ready, Or WHAT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I Ready, Or WHAT?

Wow, I'm, so pumped up for the Ohio Mile. Went to the office store and got some stick-on letters and numbers, Red's all hotrodded up.

Sue Unit and I got out there sticking them on, and it looks pretty drunk, the alignment and all, but ....wow, I'm ready to go. Only two more months. And then VROOM!

Am I silly? Yeah, I guess I am. Excited about it, at least.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Red 003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	878433
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

sweet!!
    COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Hope your office store stick-ons are better than mine. They didn't hold up very well.

Dan

Comment

Looks good PW.....
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
          Hope your office store stick-ons are better than mine. They didn't hold up very well.

Dan
          Had fun driving to the grocery store this morning. At a stop light a little kid was beating on his mom and pointing, "MOM! Look! Look! A race car!!!"

But sure enough Dan, those stick-ons are giving up already, like overnight.

Hmmmm....next idea.....I'm trying to think but nothing's happening.

Comment

It's official .... PeeDub is hooked! Our work here is finished ....
            Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
              Maybe so, but mine's not. I'll be getting higer speed-rated tires before the Mile, just one less thing to think about zooming along (and they're sure proud of the 18's at the tire store)....after the ECTA membership and event registration and the helmet and motel rooms all over (don't forget the BS Jam at Mike C's place to kick off the Power Tour).

I said early on that the car would get us out of the house, ... well between the car and the BS Jam it's coming true.

And it doesn't hurt at all that Sue Unit loves Red, too. She'll be messing around the house and all of a sudden she'll go "VROOM!" and throw her head a shoulders back at the same time. Yeah, she likes it plenty.

Comment

The old saw goes like this....

"Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go?"

At any rate.... go fast, be safe, and have fun.
                Last edited by studemax; March 4, 2012, 10:14 AM.
                Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
                  The old saw goes like this....

"Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go?"

At any rate.... go fast, be safe, and have fun.
                  Thanks Stude. Having monkey heaps of fun already and haven't even been (all that) fast yet. I'm torn as to which I enjoy more - just looking at the car and trying to realize it's ours, or driving it. With that in mind, I'm sure we definitely got the right ride for us. Perfect. Grins all around Weeville Town.

Comment

rock on PeeWee. Car looks great, even if you need to do it again.
                    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Unit saves the day again. Found a graphics company on the net. Can recreate all of that in a Comic Sans font (like Weeville) and it's less than 40 bucks for press-on decals that are spaced right and don't come off without some real effort (blow dryer). And not quite the hand-lettered ghetto look.

We're getting there. We're gonna do this yet. Yes, we will. In style.

Comment

Ruined

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
                        Hooked, Ruined, Insatiable.......Is that grounds for a lawsuit against you guys? Maybe alienation of affection, since he is so in love with RED.

Comment

I had nothing to do with any of this, and besides you love RED also I believe. VROOM!!!
                          "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
                            I had nothing to do with any of this, and besides you love RED also I believe. VROOM!!!
                            YOU are the PRIME instigator, bringing pumkin around here. Never offered a ride, so we had to get our own.

ps Thanks! I do kinda like RED.
                            Last edited by sueunit; March 4, 2012, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sueunit View Post
                              YOU are the PRIME instigator, bringing pumkin around here. Never offered a ride, so we had to get our own.

ps Thanks! I do kinda like RED.
                              You are first in line for a ride when the Pumpkin gets back down there Miss Unit!!

ps I'm kinda proud to be the PRIME instigator in this matter.
                              "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                              X