No announcement yet.

Commodore USA is Back (C64, Amiga, Vic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commodore USA is Back (C64, Amiga, Vic)

Old news, but I'm excited to see this company get back in the game.
    They have great products, their OS is a Linux 64bit kernel that's free for anyone to use.
    I'm gonna use this OS on my Ghetto PC 2.0 build. Check it out...

C64

Commodore Vic Slim

Commodore Amiga 2000

Commodore 64 was the first computer I ever used, in school in 5th grade. The school had one.

Comment

Looks like fun.
      But I've learned 'feeling nostalgic' about things/brands you had in the early days is more fun then working with them again in the modern days.
      The C64 was different back then because, well it was different. One of a kind.

I think I still have ?LOAD ERROR burned on my retina from using that damn tapedrive-unit in the beginning.

My first game-computer, besides "Pong", was a Philips Videopac G7000.
      Still got it somewhere, next to my C64.
      www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

I wonder what hertz resonation they forogot for the northern environments this time..

I had some of those monsters too, as a kid.

the core i7 is just under some of your fingers...

I'll get back to my 3400mhz pin grid array and my 3/16th thick pile of urethane on the 16 gauge box I made...tucked as far away as the non-wireless cables can get it away..

bring that back.. I'll like computing too.
        Last edited by Barry Donovan; March 4, 2012, 06:24 AM.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

my first was as trs-80 color computer. I rodded it with more memory (32k), a updated keyboard (no calculator keys for me), and made my own video board (so I could use the computer at boarding school (had a red screen monitor), and attached a floppy disk drive. good times.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I had a Vic-20 before Commodore came out with the 64. Then I got the 64 and learned the basic programming language and wrote a business simulation program called Shovel Factory. You were running a shovel factory. It ran on the random number generator, so all of the supplies you have to buy varied wildly (unrealistically) every business day.

If you didn't handle your employees right, they'd go on strike. It took months for me to write it, line by line. My brother was so excited about it, we went into "business" together to sell the program. We sold about 20 of them through a $750 ad in Compute magazine and got fined $500 by the IRS because I didn't know enough to turn in a quarterly tax return indicating that we'd lost a whole lot of money on the business.

Yeah, the tape drive sucked, but the 5-inch floppy (available separately) really rocked. Amazing speed. Could load stuff in less than a day.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
            X