• Time
  • Show
Clear All

way cool, just don't do this to yours.

You'll also note the seller sold me an Oldsmobile motor.... bonus
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

For those interested in this hijack
      here's a picture of Mickey Thompson's heads that were cast for Indy duty.... note the missing bolt hole, and the pad where you could drill them.

also

ported (compare them to the picture of the port on the Olds head)
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Its not too late. I am building this car to flip, but I could easily change my mind and decide to keep it and tweek it. Traded an old utility trailer for a pristine mercedes interior to put in the car and found all my base coat/clear coat goodies. If it starts looking as good as I hope and lives up to its moniker, will just drive the thing and have fun with it.
        The color is going to be GM11 (Pewter Grey)
        Mercedes Blau Interior. Its dirty, but not a rip or tear to be found.
        Attached Files
        Why dance when you can rock and roll?

Comment

Mercedes interiors are unreal - they wear like cast iron.

I had a 95 with 200,000 + miles on it, that interior still looked new. Too bad the rest of the car sucked out loud.
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
            Mercedes interiors are unreal - they wear like cast iron.

I had a 95 with 200,000 + miles on it, that interior still looked new. Too bad the rest of the car sucked out loud.

I commuted to San Diego for years (1300 miles each way and had several Mercedes over that time frame. If I can make it all fit good and look good, it will be worth the effort. Putting things back to OEM stock is getting to be too pricey for my tastes.

Comment

That's precisely why I scooped up the Mark 8 interior off cragist list to put into the falcon for $250 I got two power front buckets, a rear seat that just about drops into the opening, and a center console.

The seat cover for the front of the falcon (flip forward bench) is $400 plus, that's before foam, etc.

Door panels are another story - there's a guy in Ohio selling black simple door panels for $150ish - for lots of cars that have simple flat door panels like the shoe box chevy's, falcons, etc. Still have to get arm rests, but those are like $50, door panel kits are several hundred.

Comment

That's precisely why I scooped up the Mark 8 interior off cragist list to put into the falcon for $250 I got two power front buckets, a rear seat that just about drops into the opening, and a center console.

The seat cover for the front of the falcon (flip forward bench) is $400 plus, that's before foam, etc.

Door panels are another story - there's a guy in Ohio selling black simple door panels for $150ish - for lots of cars that have simple flat door panels like the shoe box chevy's, falcons, etc. Still have to get arm rests, but those are like $50, door panel kits are several hundred.
                They wanted like $1400 before shipping on the Impala, and thats without headliner and carpet. Thats twice what I have in the car, which is now ready to put back together.

Comment

YUUUP

The interior kits for anything that's not a mustang / camaro are pricey - even those aren't cheap - and I'm a short drive from the NPD Michigan warehouse.

You've got the right idea - it's going to look sweet when you're done.
                  Last edited by milner351; March 6, 2012, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by patrickth View Post
                    Its not too late. I am building this car to flip, but I could easily change my mind and decide to keep it and tweek it. Traded an old utility trailer for a pristine mercedes interior to put in the car and found all my base coat/clear coat goodies. If it starts looking as good as I hope and lives up to its moniker, will just drive the thing and have fun with it.
                    The color is going to be GM11 (Pewter Grey)
                    Mercedes Blau Interior. Its dirty, but not a rip or tear to be found.
                    Was that thing in a river or something ? I've never seen an interior that dirty before.
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Living in WA is like living in a perpetual sky full of water... I've heard if you live there too long, you grow gills.

I bet it's mold, but it will clean up. Leather is tolerant of that crap. Will the 350 Buick fit in there? That'd be pretty neat.
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

YUUUP

The interior kits for anything that's not a mustang / camaro are pricey - even those aren't cheap - and I'm a short drive from the NPD Michigan warehouse.

You've got the right idea - it's going to look sweet when you're done.
                        I have a hunch my Dremel is going to become my favorite tool, along with my heat gun for a while.

Comment

Working...
                        X