The un official BS art show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The un official BS art show

So my daughter does an assignment for art class in HS. She does a drawing in colored pencil and hands it in. Unbeknown to her, the art teacher submits it to a juried art competition. Submissions had to be sponsored and then judged just to be shown. Lia finds out about it when one of her friends congratulates her on placing. We're kind of excited that she won something. We have no idea where she has place or what she has won.

She got 1st place inthe 10th grade division for colored pencil! Received a gift certificate for art supplies. We're very proud Thanks for taking a peak.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

It is a beautiful drawing. She has alot of talent. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

That's really cool, great picture. My daughter had a scratch board drawing in a juried show last week. She didn't fair as well but we are really proud.

Comment

Looks good. Foster that talent!
        The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Awesome!

I dreamed of being an artist once upon a time and my art teacher did something much like that. My piece ended up in a exabition of local youth artists at the Carnegie Museum in Pittsbugh when I was 16. That was an amzing experience for me and everyone else involved. There is nothing like having your work displayed and appreciated by others, I am sure your daughter is elated about all this. Congrats to her!
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Man, that is an impressive piece!

Congrats on the hardware!
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Schtauffer View Post
              Looks good. Foster that talent!
              Your wife draws good too Gene - what's on her easel lately?
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

You certainly have a reason to be proud of that girl.
                -dulcich
                Last edited by dulcich; March 5, 2012, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X