• Show
Clear All

• Some must see TV on Discovery Velocity tonight -

Grand Prix the killer years -- 8:00pm eastern
    That which you manifest is before you.

Viewer Discretion Advised

Must gonna be some good stuff
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

just remember, thanx brian, i just set the dvr for the later air time since the first airing is already going
      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Two days ago, I didn't have Velocity channel since it was an HD channel. Directtv guy showed up yesterday and installed a new dish and two new HD receivers, one in the living room and one in my shop. The 42" LCD in the shop is KILLER! Got that show and a few others set to record while watching some movies, the kind with a lot of special effects. Haven't done anything this weekend but watch tv, first time in ages. I did break long enough to change the starter on the truck.

Comment

Recorded it to watch again..........some amazing stuff
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Some awful stories there,the guy that burned up alive in the magnesium Honda was terrible.

Comment

That was an amazing show. I just watch Senna last week so this was especially interesting. The racing scene here in the US with respect to open wheel stuff in the 1940s and 1950s was exactly like the Grand Prix situation except multiplied by a factor of 100. Doing the same type of look back on that type of racing would be chilling and enthralling all at once.

Jackie Stewart was amazing on this program, in my opinion.

Brian
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Got the DVR set for 10pm PST tonight.
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

i wish i had that channel anybody know where i could watch it on the internet???
                  formerly 1988montecarloss, 3198 posts
                  http://bangshift.com/forum/member.ph...88montecarloss

Comment

and i thought racing dirt track was dangerous, holy shit that was crazy. Ive got a whole new respect for those guys who raced in that period and are still around to tell the tale
                    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Just watched it. What drove those guys to drive these cars on those tracks back then when you had 66% chance of dying in the race car? Was the glory and fame worth the possible price to these guys?
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                        Jackie Stewart was amazing on this program, in my opinion.

Brian
                        He is amazing in everything he does....he was even the highlight of Martin Scorsese's George Harrison documentary.
                        Time Wasters...
                        http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
                        http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

I have to figure out if I have this chanel, and if I do, how to DVR it on the comcast box. I'm a tech-caveman with this stuff.
                          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I don't know how they got into those cars facing those odds.
                            1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Jackie Stewart wrote a book years ago, I think it's titled 'Faster', where he describes the whole scene.
                              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                              X