Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thousands of new Mazdas destroyed

Originally posted by dagenesta

And why is it unfair again? Is it because "they" (whoever that is) are out to destroy America? Sorry. The reason is because of the unfairly high wages (as compared to the rest of the world) we demand of our employers. We have done it to ourselves; we are not the victims of some other nation's vendetta. Look at it from the eyes of a citizen of a financially poor, politically opressed nation; you would want a piece of the pie, too. In fact, we have most of the pie, and are screaming like a bunch of brats because a few small pieces are being taken away.
    OK - You first:

Take a 50% cut in pay, give up your home and get rid of your cars.

Or is it just everybody else who is overpaid and has too much stuff?

...That's what I thought.

I bust my balls for 60 - 80 hours a weeks to live like I do - I don't live high on the hog - a three-bedroom bungalow and a playtoy car - both of which I owe money on. I often work shifts that are longer than most people's work week, so unfortunately, I'm not real willing to start giving up lifestyle because the likes of you say I don't deserve it.

Read my earlier post. I truly believe that every citizen in every nation on the earth should have the opportunity to do as well as I have, assuming they want to work as hard as I have.

But why can these nations can continue to pump garbage into the air and water while our factories are saddled with ever-increasing environmental restrictions? And why do many of these nations continue to ignore the most basic workplace safety? And why is is acceptable for them to blatently rip off other peoples patents and designs while we have to practice good stewardship in these areas. How is it that they they can kill our pets with poisoned food and deliver to market dangerous toys and yet the only people that seem to be punished for it are the American companies that imported it? For that matter - why is it that many of these places restrict our products access to their markets while demanding our borders be open to theirs?

Deal with that stuff and I think you will find a lot less people complaining about outsourcing and trade imbalance - because there is a least a chance to compete. Wages are just one small part of the puzzle.

You are right on one thing: We have done this to ourselves - by being a bunch of self-centered, spineless pansies and allowing ourselves to be taken advantage of on a global scale. So if Mazda loses a boatload of cars, I'm not going to be broken-hearted.

Comment

My point is, we dominate the world's economy, and are not willing to share.

I am fortunate to have the stuff I have. But I have seen how most of the rest of the world lives. My world view is not limited to American culture. I love living here, and I'm not bitching about my situation; I just get tired of hearing my fellow Americans whine about how rough they have it when they have no idea how rich they are. The stuff you take for granted is a huge luxury in a large part of the world.

Try busting your balls 60-80 hours a week just so your wife and kids have something to eat and clothes to wear, and a place to stay out of the weather; then you will have it rough.
      The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

thanks to lawyers , there are almost no good deals out there Any more and 0% personal responsibility.

Comment

My point is, we dominate the world's economy, and are not willing to share.

I am fortunate to have the stuff I have. But I have seen how most of the rest of the world lives. My world view is not limited to American culture. I love living here, and I'm not bitching about my situation; I just get tired of hearing my fellow Americans whine about how rough they have it when they have no idea how rich they are. The stuff you take for granted is a huge luxury in a large part of the world.

Try busting your balls 60-80 hours a week just so your wife and kids have something to eat and clothes to wear, and a place to stay out of the weather; then you will have it rough.
          Let me see if I got this right... From what I've read of your previous posts, including this one, it seems like you feel we should be ashamed of what we've built this country into because some other countries couldn't keep up (for whatever reason). You haven't come out and said that, but that's the impression I get. I have seen how alot of the world lives. Maybe not all of it, but a damn good portion. I'm thankful of what I've managed to attain in life, but I've given blood, sweat, and tears for everything that I have. For a good portion of us, if we don't bust our balls for 60-80 hours a week, we wouldn't have the food, clothes, and a place to stay out of the weather. If the economy keeps going in the direction it's headed, even that much work (provided they still have a job) may not be enough. Yes, part of it is our own fault, but the participants in the "global economy" aren't helping our situation. As Not A Duster stated earlier, we're playing in a game where the deck is stacked against us. If we don't fix this and soon, we could find ourselves in the same situation that these other countries you talk about so much are already in.

Comment

America is the exception , although there are some that want to makes us a sociaist republic
            the car companies laying down for government control in the sixties just brings on more fcontrol or us all

Comment

I can think of several people within walking distance of my home who have been forced into exactly that kind of lifestyle.

Brings to mind the young Asian fella I was buying my morning coffee from when I was working in Calgary recently. Two full time jobs in the service sector and he still alternated between the homeless shelter and sleeping on the street because he couldn't afford to feed & cloth himself if he actually paid rent...

It's going to get more prevalent as more people are forced out of work and the middle class continues to dwindle. I'm still waiting for you to set an example and give up your standard of living seeing as you expect the rest of us to do so.

Comment

Sounds like I am not being very clear, sorry. We should not by any means be ashamed of our affluence. Our country got to where it is because of hard work, and we should be proud of that. I am not saying that anyone should give up their standard of living. I am not willing to take a 50% pay cut.

What I am trying to say is that we should be ashamed of complaining because it is not as easy to be rich as it once was. And yes, we are rich. We have cars just for fun, for crying out loud. Its like sitting at the table after a good meal, with a full belly, and stressed because your next meal may not fill you as full.

I feel as if I am in agreement with what most everyone here is saying, except one thing: the complaining.

We should fix the problems we have, and soon. But whining does not fix it.

I am sorry if I made inflammatory-sounding statements; that is not my intention.

Ask yourself this: In order to be happy and content, what do I need? If money is your answer, you will never be satisfied.
                The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by HillbillySailor
                  But before you think I'm letting the corporations off the hook, think again. Instead of trying to find a way to control wages here at home, they sold out the American worker and moved their factories either to Mexico or overseas.

Other than phrases like these, I can follow your opinion. But you are skipping a HUGE set of circumstances when you make a quip such as this. I am 100% sure there was no domestic company EVER that wanted to "sell out" it's employees whatever that meant. I think if you spent some time managing or runnign a business, small or large, you'd see this comment VERY differently when you found out just how impossible it is to run a successful manufacturing business in this country when the cost of labor is so laughably high, it's almost pathetic. Putting all the union members' kids through college, and having to pay them huge raises each year even if the worker hasn't done a single thing to improve their skill, is what causes companies to begrudgingly have to move their manufacturing operations out of country. Sorry, but it's business. Complaining about the companies that have to do this, without addressing the situation that causes this, makes your argument a little harder for me to follow. I highly doubt any domestic manufacturers moved their operations out of country just for the fun of "selling out their employees"

And if you think China is our buddy, you better think again. They'd like nothing better than to see us shrivel away. We're still referred to as the "Imperialist Enemy" in China. Don't believe me? Do a little research. It's not hard to find. You're right, we do have a big piece of the pie...but between illegal immigrants, and all the things I mentioned before, our pie is fast disappearing. Should we let all the pie disappear before we do something about it???

Do you think we ever did anything to deserve that title from them? We seem to want to tell everyone how to run their country, and what church they need to go to, and what god they need to worship otherwise we'll make trading with them difficult. But we'll cry like babies when they return the attitude to us?
                  www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Man, I just thought the report on the Mazdas was interesting. I didn't intend a war on the forum. Sorry.

Comment

Venting is fine, no problems there. Whining with your mouth full is not.

Mazda made a wise business decision. It is a terrible shame that those cars were manufactured and destroyed. It would have been even more of a shame for Mazda had they had 4300 lemons to deal with.

Comment

Venting is fine, no problems there. Whining with your mouth full is not.
                        Whining with your mouth full. ;D That sums it up the best.

Comment

Sorry JRoberts, I'm just as guilty for hijacking this thread as others, and for that I apologize. I also apologize to you dagnesta. I must've misread your earlier posts. If you took what I said as whining, that was not my intent. I think everyone is concerned about what directon or country is headed, and this post was just a convenient way to vent said frustration. Now, back to those Mazdas... ;)

Comment

No harm, no foul. Thanks for defending our great country by doing what you do, Sailor.

Comment

Originally posted by HillbillySailor
                              Sorry JRoberts, I'm just as guilty for hijacking this thread as others, and for that I apologize. I also apologize to you dagnesta. I must've misread your earlier posts. If you took what I said as whining, that was not my intent. I think everyone is concerned about what directon or country is headed, and this post was just a convenient way to vent said frustration. Now, back to those Mazdas... ;)
                              No way am I upset, I just was sorry that the thread seemed to really upset some folks. You do not need to apologize to me. Its all cool.

Comment

if it says import ....

Comment

Working...
                                X