tractors + burnouts got to love Nebraska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tractors + burnouts got to love Nebraska

My freind sent me this link he works for the testing center testing to see how lng far and hard they can push all the machines. He said everytime they start doing the burnout tests everybody is giggling like a little kid.
    (And yes they are assisted by that weight machine but still a tractor burnout lol)
    Last edited by award69129; March 5, 2012, 12:19 PM.
    GF:Did you motor blow up?
    Me:No i took the rod and shoved it through my block on purpose...

Comment

When I worked on a farm my favorite tractor was the Challanger, the one I drove had a track but I still managed to get it stuck a few times.
      It lookd like this one but it had the wide track on it.
      Originally posted by TC
      also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

I just can't see any purpose to that. Tractor tires are expensive, and to just sit the and burn them off makes no sense at all to me. New rear rubber for my 4430 was over 2500 bucks.
        -dulcich
        Last edited by dulcich; March 5, 2012, 06:42 PM.

Comment

For the local farmer i agree it is a terrible idea to do this that stuff isnt cheap!! But this is from a test facility where they do this to test the tires at the average level farmers use them (60% tred).

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel View Post
            When I worked on a farm my favorite tractor was the Challanger, the one I drove had a track but I still managed to get it stuck a few times.
            It lookd like this one but it had the wide track on it.
            How did you manage to pull that off with that beast? especially with tracks?

Comment

LOL, thats what my boss said over the phone when I called for help. I was pulling a trailer and fell through the ice, it took a D-9 cat to pull me out.
              Originally posted by TC
              also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Is it strange that when I see tractors I dont get nostalgic for the farm? My dad sells Red stuff, and whatever is left of the Orange ones, we stopped farming over 20 years ago. I dont miss it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by dulcich View Post
                  I just can't see any purpose to that. Tractor tires are expensive, and to just sit the and burn them off makes no sense at all to me. New rear rubber for my 4430 was over 2500 bucks.
                  -dulcich

Hey Dulcich, whatcha plantin' these days?
                  Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Hey Dulcich, whatcha plantin' these days?

Well, I've been going with some wheat, dry farming it. Got 2 tons/acre last year but this year isn't looking as good since it has been short of rainfall around these parts this year.

I also farm raisin grapes. This is my junk out there when I was getting ready to do some sulfur dusting. The D300 I bought for 300 bucks, the Durango has 310,000 miles on it, and the TN95 tractor I'm still paying on.

I planted this field in table grapes last year; man, it was a lot of work and expense. It is up to the training wire now, and I need to put in the upper trellis system. It is all flood irrigated, and I can tell you that's a major b--ch, but putting in drip lines is a hefty expense. I've got some serious miles behind a shovel moving dirt.

So that's about it.
                    -dulcich

Comment

Holy crap that looks like a lot of work.

Do you own that combine? If you do your status will be immediately upgraded from arch-nemesis to hero.
                      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                        Holy crap that looks like a lot of work.

Do you own that combine? If you do your status will be immediately upgraded from arch-nemesis to hero.

Brian, even though it is a major aspiration of mine to move up from arch-nemesis to hero, I have to admit that the combine is not mine. A machine like that is about a quarter of a mil, and just a little too rich for my operation. The guy that owns it is a younger fellow in his twenties, very sharp, and travels the state doing custom work. His home base is only a few miles up the road from me. His grand dad is in his 90's and it was lots of fun to talk about the old days and local history and characters with him.
                        -dulcich
                        Last edited by dulcich; March 6, 2012, 08:11 PM.

Comment

I know they go for massive money and thought that there were guys who freelanced with them. Hey, to run a farm and need the services of such bad-assery is something all in itself. I hope that the man in his 90s was not the fellow you had the run in with about the Mopar some time back.

Thanks for sharing these photos. They are neat!

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                            I know they go for massive money and thought that there were guys who freelanced with them. Hey, to run a farm and need the services of such bad-assery is something all in itself. I hope that the man in his 90s was not the fellow you had the run in with about the Mopar some time back.

Thanks for sharing these photos. They are neat!

Brian
                            Thanks, Brian. The older fellow just knew the old timers that I did and that was enough to find common ground and share stories. Things have really changed since those days. Really, with the huge costs of developing the new vinyard, I don't pull a dime out of the farming, it all gets plowed right back in. Last year the only money I actually put in my pocket was from the straw from the wheat, which drywalled my shop. The rest went back into the expenses. Here's a stack of straw, and yeah, I've got a TR7 in there with my mix of junk mopars.
                            -dulcich

Comment

The TR7 does not seem to be the best transport vehicle for straw.

Comment

Working...
                              X