Old License Plate Frames ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old License Plate Frames ....

So I was going thru a box of garage junk that I saved from my dad's house when we cleaned it out years ago. Basically just license plates, jars of screws/nuts/bolts .... basically junk. Then I find at the bottom of the box, an old license plate frame. Man it brings back some memories!

Back in the 70's and early 80's I would spend 2-3 weeks with my grandparents in Farmington, MO. My grandpa would buy a new Buick every 3-4 years from the local Buick dealer, Fitz Chevrolet/Buick in "downtown" Farmington.

I'm not sure how old this is, but it's definitely off of one of Grandpa's cars. I just cleaned it up and threw it on the Chevelle .....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0590.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	878437
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Very cool....Way better than those cheap silk-screened, plastic ones most dealers use now.
    I love old stuff.
    Time Wasters...
    http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

There is just something very special about many of the old things we save.

I have car magazines back to 1957 and license plates as far back as a Connecticut 1916 and I have a bunch from 1932 and up.

I started collecting decals years ago and for me they just always remind me of all the fun and good times I had growing up.

My wife's favorite saying is "The boys grew up and the father never did"

And I tell her that's because I am having way to much fun doing what I am doing.

Keep the memories alive. Jimbo

Comment

Check those out on ebay,some are valuable, Ive been searching for the one form the Chevy dealer here in town forever,I know they had them like that too,I can remember them on every other car around here. Gotta keep looking.

Comment

bill kieran chevy ?

Comment

I have the original Fresno Dodge frame from my '71 R/T Charger. Bought the car back in '79, and changed it to a 'Direct Connection' frame in the early '80's. Still have the car, but it needs the running gear put back in.
            -dulcich

Comment

Not sure, but I believe the Impala still wears it's original Stockton Chevrolet frame. It's on the front. They've been around long enough.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Die cast license frames and dealership emblems. Not the cheezy decals, but the cast metal jobs that were drilled and bolted to the back of the car. Cool.....
                Shelter animals make great pets

Comment

An old plate frame on a vintage or original plate just makes it look "right". My '64 Chrysler 300 still wears it's original CA black plates and both original plate frames (front and rear) from the Chrysler dealer in San Fransisco.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                    bill kieran chevy ?
                    Brady-Stannard in Brewster. I will find one eventually.

Comment

Frost and French Studebaker in LA.....
                      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I'm going to try to leave the palm beach florida ford dealer tag riveted to the tail light panel of the falcon, hopefully we can get it off, and back on in one piece, even if we move it somewhere else, it will stay with the car.
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                          I'm going to try to leave the palm beach florida ford dealer tag riveted to the tail light panel of the falcon, hopefully we can get it off, and back on in one piece, even if we move it somewhere else, it will stay with the car.
                          What's the dealers name John? Just curious because I was born in Palm Beach County.
                          "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Terry Ford I think? I'll have to look at it again.
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                            X