A shitty week so far & kinda bumming.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A shitty week so far & kinda bumming.

So I posted this on my Facebook page just because I felt like venting. Maybe someone can relate?

Man, I could really take an extended cruise with the Captain this evening! I really wish I could wrap my head around the logic,well I mean the illogic of some people and their actions. While I may have a certain situation in mind, I could really be talking about ANYTHING we might see or hear about in the news or witness while stumbling thru our daily lives. Is it any wonder I would rather be out in my garage working on some old POS car or truck? Tunes cranked,wrench in hand fixing or creating some new Hot Rod or daily beater. Shit works or it dosen't. If it don't then science it out and FIX IT. Mechanical logic. Accomplishment. Satisfaction. A beautiful thing. It's my world am I am king. If I need help it's a phone call away to some of the best friends I could ever have hoped for. A cold beer or pop 8 steps away in the fridge if thats what is needed. Steel Panther cranked on the CD player a bonus. Damn it has been a long day.........

i can relate!!! my cement slab and shed, a good place to work on stuff and just work the day away
    COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Right there with ya.
      I'm probably wrong

Comment

Yep, my thoughts exactly. Can't wait to get home tonight to do it all again! Got to replace the brake booster and the radiator in my '79 F350.
        Still plays with trucks....

Comment

I can relate...I soooooooo can relate.
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I'm kinda hoping the realative quiteness in here this week is because everyone is out in the garage. September is gonna get here QUICK this year!!
            Last edited by Beagle; March 8, 2012, 06:27 AM.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I can totally relate - except lately I've not had the energy after taking care of our 2 year old son until he goes to bed at 8 - 9pm to get out in the garage for even an hour to get something done.
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I can relate.. living a disabled persons schedule. I got hands that need to do something.

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                I'm kinda hoping the realative quiteness in here this week is because everyone is out in the garage. September is gonna get here QUICK this year!!
                I am preparing for a very hot long summer... the sun cycle stuff reviving and pathetic humans playing with nuclear mishaps.

in fact I awoke today, something way warm, glowing red dawn. sun storm in the news popping open the browser...
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I used to be able to relate. Since I retired after losing 1/4 of my heart I have the opposite issue - getting up the energy to do things in the shop that I really WANT to do. The old expression is "The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak". I spend WAY too much time in front of the TV. So I DO get things done but it takes me forever.

Dan

Comment

The only thing better than building and fixing is stabbing the throttle and feeling all the power I just built shove me forward at an ever increasing velocity. Getting the motivation at the same time that the old body allows some progress is the trick here, sometimes it just isnt going to happen no matter what I do. I have so much to do this year it is staggering, but at the same time I look forward to seeing just how much I can accomplish and how much enjoyment I can derive from the effort.

The northern hemisphere is tilting back towards the sun so its just a matter of time and the long days will be here. If only March werent so wishy washy about the temps and weather. It just teases us here with an incredibly nice day followed by four bad ones and a freak snowstorm here and there.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                      I used to be able to relate. Since I retired after losing 1/4 of my heart I have the opposite issue - getting up the energy to do things in the shop that I really WANT to do. The old expression is "The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak". I spend WAY too much time in front of the TV. So I DO get things done but it takes me forever.

Dan
                      Dan, with your 3/4 of a heart, you have 10 times more heart than all of us combined. I just want to say how honored I am to have met you in person, if a truck hits me in the morning, while I have the chance to just say so. You are one fine dude, a credit to this world we live in.
                      Last edited by pdub; March 8, 2012, 04:58 PM.
                      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
                      X