Boise Roadster Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boise Roadster Show

Went to the Boise Roadster Show tonight. While trying to answer my inquisitive son's questions about a beautiful yellow Camaro, I was approached by the owner and asked to please step away from his car. My toes on his carpet was more than he could bear. Not the carpet in his car. The carpet his car was parked on. R. Neiman of Portland, Ore.; You sir are a giant douche. Piss on you. I'll see you at the races. Hope I don't lose my balance and accidentally spill my soda.

Man, I can relate...There are guys at the local crusies like that. I watch my kid, and he understands not to get too close becasue I understand no one wants a kids nasty prints all over, or scratches on their paint...but some guys are just a-holes about it.

There are some cool dudes out there tho. Not long ago a guy in a little dodge roadster was sitting behind his car. I was showing my bow the cool radiator cowl and the simplicity of the whole car and the guy said let him sit in it. I told him no, thats okay...he said no, really let him sit in it and check it out, I have just under 3K in the whole care, if it cant handle your little one having some fun with it, then I dont need to be driving it. My boy was happier than a pig in stink...
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
      Man, I can relate...There are guys at the local crusies like that. I watch my kid, and he understands not to get too close becasue I understand no one wants a kids nasty prints all over, or scratches on their paint...but some guys are just a-holes about it.

There are some cool dudes out there tho. Not long ago a guy in a little dodge roadster was sitting behind his car. I was showing my bow the cool radiator cowl and the simplicity of the whole car and the guy said let him sit in it. I told him no, thats okay...he said no, really let him sit in it and check it out, I have just under 3K in the whole care, if it cant handle your little one having some fun with it, then I dont need to be driving it. My boy was happier than a pig in stink...
      With a pissy atitude like the owner's I seriously doubt that you'll see it at a Drag Strip anytime soon, as they say, it takes all kinds doesn't it.
      sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

That kinda reminds me of a day at work, but I don't wanna go there, not on a weekend.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
          With a pissy atitude like the owner's I seriously doubt that you'll see it at a Drag Strip anytime soon, as they say, it takes all kinds doesn't it.
          You may be right, but it was a pro built pro-mod beauty. It's hard for me to imagine anyone going to the trouble to build a racecar just for show.

Comment

I took my Buick to a show, some guy and his 5 or so year old kid were looking at the car. I asked the guy to please pull his kid back a bit.... guy told me to F*** off. I then told him either he cleaned the ice cream his kid put on my car or I'd do it with his head. He took that opportunity to apologize, he thought I was some j***a** owner just giving him grief for his kid.

Perhaps the above colors my I-give-a-microgiveas**t about you, your attitude, or what you plan on doing to his car. It's his car, and your attitude that paying $15 to look at a car which is likely more valuable than your house doesn't really pencil out.
            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; March 11, 2012, 09:07 PM.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
              I took my Buick to a show, some guy and his 5 or so year old kid were looking at the car. I asked the guy to please pull his kid back a bit.... guy told me to F*** off. I then told him either he cleaned the ice cream his kid put on my car or I'd do it with his head. He took that opportunity to apologize, he thought I was some j***a** owner just giving him grief for his kid.

Perhaps the above colors my I-give-a-microgiveas**t about you, your attitude, or what you plan on doing to his car. It's his car, and your attitude that paying $15 to look at a car which is likely more valuable than your house doesn't really pencil out.
              My thoughts on it are: If you brought it out here for the world to look at, let us look. If you want us further away from it, by a bigger piece of carpet. And if someone puts toes on your carpet and that's what's bothering you, leave the carpet at home.

I understand and appreciate not wanting fingerprints (or anything else, for that matter) near your just finished trailer queen, but the guy seemed quite concerned about his carpet. My toes were on his carpet, I assure you, most inadvertently. I was not trying to edge close enough to touch, nor was I being so careless about what I was doing that any harm might befall his pride and joy. I was following the SEMA advice of "take a kid to a car show." I was trying to educate my son. I was interested in furthering and nurturing an interest in technology, engineering, and art. My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I'm thinking if the owner was that protective and had that much money tied up in his trailer queen then he could have probably afforded 4 Stantions so he could have roped it off! As for me, I don't do car shows with my POS! My two cents!
                sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

My point is there's two sides to every story. You claim your toes were barely across the carpet, I suspect the owner's view is different.

You'd be amazed at how often I find people sitting in my car (and I take my car to two car shows a year - that's it... it's a POS) who then get all irritated when I tell them to get out (strangely it doesn't matter if I'm polite).
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I know my car doesn't have great paint, but does that give you permission to use my car as a lawn chair? NO!! Get your fat ass off my car, dork!
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X