Let's Write a Western Movie Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Write a Western Movie Script

We're having the best day that we can here at Weeville. Between the two of us, I think Unit and I are the best I've ever seen at doing nothing. We excell. And we like it.

Yes, we should get out more, and sometimes we do. Things are picking up as far as future plans, but we're still land slugs for the most part.

So I'm typing on BangShift and Unit's watching a John Wayne movie. While we were sitting down eating our meal off of the grill, Unit said, "John Waye was a really bad actor."

WHOA. That would make lots of folks mad, that very sacreligious thought by itself.

I said, "Maybe it was just a bad script. They're only reading from it, after all."

So I determined that all actors are bad actors. Well, most. They're just acting, that's what they do for a living. There's a few who for a moment made me think I was actually watching something happen as it happened, but for the most part, especially on network TV, it's all just so contrived that it's just plain bad if you have a few brain cells left at all. Only my little opinion.

So, if in Unit's movie, John Wayne had a bad script to read from, let's write a better one. We can do it, all of us together. Let's build on this, a BS team effort. I'll take Scene 1:

Three desperate and gnarly-looking bad guys got arrested after they robbed a bank and shot a killed a sheriff during the heist. Now we've got them in an open wagon in hand cuffs and leg irons, trundling them across the countryside in an open wagon with another sheriff at the reins driving the horses while a deputy rides shotgun. We're taking them 50 miles to another jail for some reason (I don't know why we didn't just shoot them while we had the chance)...

What's the next scene? Let's write it...
    Last edited by pdub; March 10, 2012, 12:47 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Sons of Katy Elder, I'm guessing.. try some of the stuff from the late 20's , early 30's when he's skinny and really bad at the craft! I thought he matured a lot over the years.

They stop off in a saloon to water the horses, and the bad guys get away but they get caught 30 minutes later in a Bawdy house getting a life sentence worth of syphillis.. oh , wait, did you want this to be fiction?
    Last edited by Beagle; March 10, 2012, 01:01 PM.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Sounds like the Sons of Katie Elder so far...can is star Sam Elliot...that guy was born to play cowboys...

I say there is an ambush, they bad guys were part of a larger gang and they know we are moving them from pont A to point B

Damn, Beagle tree'd me!
      Last edited by JOES66FURY; March 10, 2012, 01:01 PM.
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Wait, this is a script. Do we have the ambush before they stop at the whorehouse, or afterward? We've got to keep this BS Western script in order, because actors will have to read from it after all....I mean, really, this will be a great movie when we get through with it.
        Last edited by pdub; March 10, 2012, 01:14 PM.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Perdomo the corrupt sherriff from florida says "we'll let you go if you lead us to the money."
          and then...

don't know after that.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
          X