Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bad news/ Good news

Originally posted by bbbad2dabone
    Just found that while the rod was thrashing the oil pump that it broke the rear main cap. Decision done, magnaflux and align bore after I find a new rear main cap....
    If the cyl was damaged, you can have it sleeved so you don't have to change all 8 pistons an over bore would cause.

Comment

There was a guy a met about 6 months ago who had your car as the screen saver on his phone...i think he said he saw it at a good guys show...I ran inti him at a rod show his morning and I told him you scattered your engine and he was very upset...Hope everything works out for you...good luck....

Comment

Okay, so from now on the story should be more like this.

I was going through the lights at 7200 and the thing just went BANG!!!! I slid around in my own oil, but managed to only do one spin, and still didn't hit the wall! The funny thing is it ran a best ever E.T. of 8.03 and it was almost dead sideways. It was cool.

Anyone else have a suggestion on the tough guy version of the story?
        "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Dude...

You had it almost perfect but you forgot the horrific fire and the fact that part of the busted rod ended up in your leg.

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
            Dude...

You had it almost perfect but you forgot the horrific fire and the fact that part of the busted rod ended up in your leg.

Brian
            Yeah, thats about right.

bbbad, be sure to sterilize the knife before you cut the hole in your leg, you know so you can show off the scar 8)

Sorry for your loss, your car is freakin' awesome!

Comment

Chad, it carried the front wheels to the 60ft, then ran the 8, sideways, then blew up!

Comment

Dude, that really sucks about your car, it's one of my favorites. Like you said though, at least it didn't happen at the track. Hope you get it back together soon!
                "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

Update: Engine is in the very capable hands of Jr.Thompson to be rebuilt with new H-beam rods. Hope to have it back together soon. I still have my reservations for the dirt at the bend in the road at Bonneville. Thanks again for all the well wishes.

Comment

Originally posted by bbbad2dabone
                    Update: Engine is in the very capable hands of Jr.Thompson to be rebuilt with new H-beam rods. Hope to have it back together soon. I still have my reservations for the dirt at the bend in the road at Bonneville. Thanks again for all the well wishes.
                    Hope it gets back together soon. Sorry to hear about the problems.
                    H-beams X2

Comment

Working...
                    X