Chevy bringing new model next year, to the public and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chevy bringing new model next year, to the public and NASCAR

I wonder what old name plate they'll recycle, maybe Chevelle.

Pretty sure it is Caprice.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

It says "new name" I wonder what ?

Comment

maybe expansion of the caprice ? who knows ..heard it may be malibu

Comment

So it's a Cavalier or a Citation?
          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Well it says not CURRENTLY in Chevys line up so maybe a Caprice or Bel Air will be it or maybe Chevette.

Comment

Chevrolet is developing a new car with a new name for its 2013 NASCAR entry, replacing the Impala used by Team Chevy, and plans to eventually market and sell the new model to consumers. The dealership and racing versions of the car will be unveiled this year, after the New York auto show in April, spokesman Monte Doran said. The new car will use a nameplate not currently in Chevy's lineup. Neither the car nor its name will be a derivative of an existing one, such as the new Malibu or the upcoming redesigned Impala, Doran said. General Motors wouldn't reveal details. "We are keeping the wraps on the new car for now and will continue to prepare for next season by testing camouflaged vehicles," Jim Campbell, vice president of Chevrolet performance vehicles and motorsports, said in a statement. "We know that Chevrolet fans are eager to see the new race car, and we hope that the prospect of being able to own one just like it will make the wait a little more bearable."
              The new car may be a version of the Chevy Caprice currently imported from Australia for U.S. police forces. Inside GM, a plan to develop a Chevy performance sedan like the Caprice for consumers was on-and-off in recent years because of concerns that it wasn't a high-profit vehicle, people familiar with the situation said. Australia's Holden brand currently offers consumers a variation on the U.S. Caprice. Along with developing the new performance sedan, GM is redesigning the current Impala, which will be built at the Detroit-Hamtramck plant and is expected to hit showrooms by spring 2013. The automaker is also rolling out a redesigned Malibu

Comment

I'm guessing "Falcon". Completely new for Chevrolet.

Dan

Comment

I'm guessing Holden with a sticker / badge update. It would make sense.
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

if you want to see what the "new" race car will look like, just look at the 2013 Ford Fusion race car. unless NASCAR has changed it's rules recently, all the bodys are the same.
                    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                      fast cars

Comment

Some local police forces here in GA using new Caprices as interstate pursuit vehicles. Probably as fast as the Chargers with more room.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                          yep.
                          they did say they are in a hurry to get a car..

caprice is missing in traditional way.
                          Previously boxer3main
                          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

If I was a policeman, I'd be kicking the f*ing doors down at GM to get one. I'd transfer to Detroit so I could profile the Execs until they delivered!

They're getting Explorers in Plano because they have so many electrono-gadgets and don't have room for criminals in the passenger cars. I like the Explorer and all for high speed soccer practice runs, but for chasing down a Terminator or one of these new fangled 500+hp thingies, I'd be pissed.

I like the AWD Taurass, sure, but for curb hopping tire smoking fun in a cop car I personally would want:

V8
                            RWD
                            Frame
                            Battering ram front bumper
                            No cheesy low profile aluminum rim crap - steel wheels and sidewalls dammit.

Mileage be damned. These are the guys getting shot at by thugs. Give them a decent car already.

Um, yeah, sorry for the rant. I'd drive a Holden.

Or this!

Click image for larger version

Name:	boink.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	861028
                            Last edited by Beagle; March 15, 2012, 07:55 AM.
                            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

lots of LEO Tahoes on the highways around here

Comment

Working...
                              X