No announcement yet.

Chevy bringing new model next year, to the public and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AHP is using the Tahoe as well...I think they look pretty bad ass.

NASCRAP needs all the help it can get...
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
      if you want to see what the "new" race car will look like, just look at the 2013 Ford Fusion race car. unless NASCAR has changed it's rules recently, all the bodys are the same.
      The new Chargers don't look like a fusion

Comment

hope fiatdodge steals some toyota teams away

Comment

Originally posted by moparmaniac07 View Post
          The new Chargers don't look like a fusion

so is NASCAR going back to the old ways, were each manufacture has it's own body?
          the past couple of years, you couldn't tell what manufacturer they were, without the names painted on.
          i wonder how aerodynamic that nose is going to be on the charger?
          Last edited by cobra; March 15, 2012, 12:18 PM.
          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

I dont know how aerodynamic...but...it kills me to say this...thats pretty bad ass.
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
                so is NASCAR going back to the old ways, were each manufacture has it's own body?
                the past couple of years, you couldn't tell what manufacturer they were, without the names painted on.
                i wonder how aerodynamic that nose is going to be on the charger?
                The noses are different but the bodies are identical from the cowl back. Hey, it is a small step in the right direction!
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

the roof is lower

Comment

the windshield is laid back more and the trunk has a lot less overhang. The sides will all be different also with whatever styling cues the MFG's are doing. NASCAR has been working on this for about 18 mo's now. They say they have done extensive wind tunnel testing and are not seeing allot of differences between models despite the different bodies. They claim that wheelbase is a game changer when it comes to handling ... so look for all the cars to be the same wheelbase, but they will all look allot different from each other. NASCAR.com has a story on this and is quite interesting.....I like the idea. at least its a step in the right direction.

But that "caprice" is a PONTIAC in my book and it oughta be called G8!
                    Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                      the roof is lower
                      Some people may say that about your forehead.......

Comment

Why don't they call it the Obamamotors UAW?
                        I R Bob
                        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

More from the WWF of auto racing........
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

the one killer of the COT is the rear window .. looks like a funny car

Comment

I almost recognize the Mope!! That is a huge step in the right direction by my reckoning.
                              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                              X