Brutal wreck video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brutal wreck video

This is something no one really likes to see, but should see it because you might take more care on the road.
    I don't know where or when this was taken but it is the worst/most violent wreck I have ever witnessed.

That was nasty. Reminds me kf the drivers ed videos shown in HS like Signal 13. I've always been amazed how some one one second didn't have a care in the world and 10 seconds later, they're dead.
    Last edited by Huskinhano; March 15, 2012, 12:52 PM.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I'd be willing to beat that was an instant fatal... too fast for conditions....got out of the groves and ice took over.
      The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

The big SUV practically exploded!
        Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by Chassisman View Post
          I'd be willing to beat that was an instant fatal... too fast for conditions....got out of the groves and ice took over.
          For one second or less, the driver quit driving, the slightest lurch to the left for whatever reason...out of the grooves then tried to correct. Wow, that's sickening, that happened so fast. That was a one-second distraction, whatever it was. At least that's what it looked like with these eyes - straight, straight, not straight REALLY NOT STRAIGHT.

If that WAS a distraction, it sure didn't last more than a second, because the attempt to save it came just as quick as that. Yeah, too fast for conditions. And they were all going too fast in that one direction, running pretty much together.
          Last edited by pdub; March 15, 2012, 01:08 PM.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

The camera car had a safe distance working for him though -
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

I wonder...sort of off topic but not.....who drives along with a video camera going all the time? I intend to run one when I'm doing the Mile, just to relive it after we get back home.

Was that maybe a cop car video? I dunno, most of the cop videos have time stamps on them for evidence in court. Correct me, that was like somebody was running a camera for the fun or interest of it and just "happened" to catch that awful incident. But there are so many videos on the interwebs just like that - look what we just happened to capture on "film."

Train me, I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
                The big SUV practically exploded!
                and the post crack of thunder.

I learned a myth that was like that. Continuities of a live metal done all at once.

like a big rig with 120v injectors smacking a bridge.

70 to 0.

Click image for larger version

Name:	crash1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	861035
                Last edited by Barry Donovan; March 16, 2012, 03:11 PM.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
                  and the post crack of thunder.

I learned a myth that was like that. Continuities of a live metal done all at once.

like a big rig with 120v injectors smacking a bridge.

70 to 0.
                  Yeah. It's a somber thought. Life is a candle for sure.

And as for the vehicles, going too fast for conditions...they were. Conclusive, but it was happening all day until that wreck happened, and then it kept happening after that.

Down South, we rarely have that sort of condition on the road. Frozen wasteland stuff. And (watch me, I'm generalizing here, and call me out on it, please) ....folks who drive in that stuff all the time think it's just another day. Just go, no problem. Too used to it, maybe.

Down South, if it snows a half inch they close the schools and we're wrecking into the ditch at 5 MPH on the straightaway.

Dunno what I'm trying to say really....yes I do. Complacency. Indifference. Same-old same-old, just another day, done this for years. No worry.

Does that make sense to anyone, that stance from a safety standpoint? Because it's there, at work, at home, on the highway. We all fall into it. And then...Uh-Oh...woops! In the case of the video, we don't know what actually happened to get the SUV out of the grooves (or at least I sure don't) but there it is.

Root Cause Analysis: Failure to recognize and evaluate a clear and present danger.
                  Last edited by pdub; March 16, 2012, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X