Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long do you wait for Hot Rod after subscribing??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long do you wait for Hot Rod after subscribing??

It's been a MONTH and no magazines
    STUGOTS

last time I had a subscription it was about 2 months and I got 2 different mags at the same time
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
      It's been a MONTH and no magazines
      Do you read any of the small print?

6-8 weeks is average.

Comment

Standard in the industry is at least 60 days.
        Be patient.
        Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Yep. I nearly forgot about it (subscribing) but now there's a steady flow. Patience. The hospitals are full of them....
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Yep about 60 days. But they will send you the month that was "missed". And of course that is always the one you buy off the newstand... If you complain to them about it, they will extend your sub by a month. At least they did with me a few years ago...
            Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Hell I dont remember. Ive had a sub since the 80s and its rare that it has lapsed. Usually go for three or four years at a time to save myself the hassle. Do the same with CC and HPP, I dont subscribe to anything else.

Comment

I'm like a bad Doctor....NO patience
                STUGOTS

Comment

I'm surprised they haven't sent you a request to "re-up" yet - Geez that crap gets old. The longer you wait the better deal you'll get too.
                  They should give the best deal to the loyal subscribers first out of the gate - but I guess that's leaving money on the table.

By the way Dr. - I can read your signature - which is unusual for Doctors. Good work.
                  Last edited by 70chevyC-10; March 15, 2012, 05:39 PM.
                  Phil / Omaha

Comment

I'm going to pull the gun on GM High Tech Performance, I picked one up the other day and I liked it....... I might as well start learning all the new LS stuff anyways.......

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                      I'm going to pull the gun on GM High Tech Performance, I picked one up the other day and I liked it....... I might as well start learning all the new LS stuff anyways.......
                      x2
                      formerly 1988montecarloss, 3198 posts
                      http://bangshift.com/forum/member.ph...88montecarloss

Comment

2 months and they sent me three back issues in a week that I already read. I called and bitched out the subscription dept about paying for issues I already had. They added three issues to the subscription. Expect to get renewal notices three months into the subscription.

Don't bother getting bitchy with DF because he doesn't have any more to do with the subscriptions than he does hotrod.com.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                          2 months and they sent me three back issues in a week that I already read. I called and bitched out the subscription dept about paying for issues I already had. They added three issues to the subscription. Expect to get renewal notices three months into the subscription.

Don't bother getting bitchy with DF because he doesn't have any more to do with the subscriptions than he does hotrod.com.
                          Wow, you bitched at them and still made it into the mag. Nice job Scott
                          FKA Redragtop
                          (formerly known as)

Comment

Well, it's been 5 weeks. After this script runs out (if it ever even starts)...NO more Hot Rod for me. It's kind of a bullshit way to take care of subscribers
                            STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
                              Well, it's been 5 weeks. After this script runs out (if it ever even starts)...NO more Hot Rod for me. It's kind of a bullshit way to take care of subscribers
                              All magazines do this though, National Geographic, Cosmo, all of them...it seems they have a box somewhere that the new subscriptions go into and then nobody can touch it for 5 weeks...
                              Good things come to those who wait...
                              I am kinda wondering why you don't already have a subscription to Hot Rod
                              That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Working...
                              X