Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bored on Ebay. Had fun with my listing...and doing my part...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bored on Ebay. Had fun with my listing...and doing my part...

;D

DF did say after all, "get the word out"...
    Andrew
    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Re: Bored on Ebay. Had fun with my listing...and doing my part...

Dude, that was funny! Too bad I don't need some "al natural" hub caps! ;D

Comment

Now that thars FUNNY!!! ;D ;D ;D

Comment

That's some funny stuff. As for the leather pants? Nope, never made that mistake. My biggest blunder purchase of trousers was my very own pair of black parachute pants I bought in 83. Since you live in Omaha and I was living there in 83; I going to blame it on the location and the air wafting from South Omaha's stock yards.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

HAHAHAHA that was awesome, we are all glad you are not Rod stewart

Comment

I am not a member of Queen.
            I do not like motorcycles.
            I am not Rod Stewart.
            I am not French.
            I do not cruise for transvestites in an expensive sports car
            Are you sure about that last part?
            1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
            1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
              That's some funny stuff. As for the leather pants? Nope, never made that mistake. My biggest blunder purchase of trousers was my very own pair of black parachute pants I bought in 83. Since you live in Omaha and I was living there in 83; I going to blame it on the location and the air wafting from South Omaha's stock yards.
              My Grandfather used to say that the smell of the Omaha Stock Yards was Blue Cheese. For a long time I didn't even want to see blue cheese. Of course I was only about 7 or 8 at the time. Back in those days (mid-50's) those stockyards were busy and the air wafted a long way, but it didn't make me buy leather pants!

Comment

What's wrong with leather pants? ;D

Good Stuff.
                200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts
                  My Grandfather used to say that the smell of the Omaha Stock Yards was Blue Cheese. For a long time I didn't even want to see blue cheese. Of course I was only about 7 or 8 at the time. Back in those days (mid-50's) those stockyards were busy and the air wafted a long way, but it didn't make me buy leather pants!
                  I know all about the smell. My father owned an old apartment building three blocks north of the yards. It was also two blocks from a meat packing plant. I can tell you that the smell of boiling cow blood in the summer appetite suppressant around.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

HAHAHA That just made my night.

Comment

well, I do what I can...I had those stupid hub caps off a '74 Ranchero I bought for parts, and someone on another site said, hey, save me those hub caps, they match some already on the car. They guy was being a joker, I thought he wanted them as some of his stuff are true piles of shinola, a true "roldscanardly" {rolls down one hill, and can hardly get up the next}.
                      I remember seeing the listing for those pants on ebay after screwing around and finding out about the listing...and I figured if it can be done for pants, WTF not with junk hub caps.

Now all I need is 35-40 "bidders" to asked stupid questions on the listing... ;D
                      Andrew

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Ah, yes, MC hammer pants, right?
                        I believe I have a picture of my freshman year, with MC hammer shirt, in the hammer pants. Then the next year I had a mullet and torn up jeans, boots, and a biker jacket.

Actually, thinking about it, the stock yards are about all gone, redevoloped to a degree...there still is one facility in the old complex, but they really move stuff through. Mostly green grass, big statue in the area now. Still, certain times, on I-80, east of 42nd street, the smell, holy hell is it bad.
                        Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by 1970camaroRS
                          I am not a member of Queen.
                          I do not like motorcycles.
                          I am not Rod Stewart.
                          I am not French.
                          I do not cruise for transvestites in an expensive sports car
                          Are you sure about that last part?
                          Yup, seeing as how that was off a different listing.
                          Besides, I'm married to an Itailian double jointed midget. She puts up with my Torino crack habit...and stupid stuff like this of my buddy and one of his room mates:
                          Andrew

Comment

MC Hammer and his baggy Alladin came a couple years later. I have a year book with a picture of my friend wearing parachute pants and the red leatherette Michael Jackson "Beat It" jacket. Thankfully, no photographic evidence exists of me wearing them.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

GUILTY!

well, not of the leather - but of the parachute pants, and I had the stupid short spiked haircut too - I even wore torn up jeans with bandanas tied on my legs when I played drums in a band -- I even dated a blonde with huge hair for a while -- what can I say -- I was a teen in the '80's!

Great post - unfortunately I don't think you'll get the $$ the guy did with the hillarious - "selling my wife's wedding dress" auction.
                              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                              X