Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bored on Ebay. Had fun with my listing...and doing my part...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bored on Ebay. Had fun with my listing...and doing my part...

Originally posted by Eliteman76
    Vintage Ford Hubcaps in all their rusted glory
    They could be made into clocks, because I mean, hell, I know a car guy's wife digs the rusted hub cap clock in the bath room, hallway, or they would be just darn spiffy in the living room, right next to the picture of the inlaws with the two brats you can't stand and would actually intentional chuck one of these finly aged like the old lady down the street with Iowa rust on them hub cabs at just to possibly wake them up to reality...not that I would suggest something of that nature, but still, you know you were thinkin' about it...
    Dude, you are way too funny !!

;D

Comment

Thanks. It was merely a random act of stupidity, but this one does not involve any automotive mahem, rods hanging out of oil pans on the side of the road, or corn field terrace jumping VW rabbits in the middle of the night.
      BTW, I have replied to a couple of your questions.

BTW, anyone have any more? ;D
      Andrew
      1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
      2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

LMAO...thats funy right there....how long before your deleted?

Comment

Don't know, I am wagering from my previous auction, it rode out the full 7 days.
          I am curious how much longer it'll run myself...LOL...hell, if they don't sell, I think I am actually gonna take and screw together something with my coors beer tap through one of the things...but just gonna wait it out.
          Andrew

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Darn it, got down to the last few hours and ebay busted me.
            Got me for having the carjunkietv.com in the listing,
            and this little note, was a bummer, I was curious how many people had bothered to look at it. Oh well, for your ammusment, the bitchslap I got from ebay:
            You recently listed the following auction-style listing:

We recently removed the following listing:

120256576675 - Ford rat rod moon hub caps in all their rusted glory

The listing was removed because it violated the eBay No Item policy. The violation occurred when you included the following information in your listing:

Anyways, just figured I was going to have some fun, and see if some one could use these, they need a new home. They could be made into clocks, because I mean, hell, I know a car guy's wife digs the rusted hub cap clock in the bath room, hallway, or they would be just darn spiffy in the living room, right next to the picture of the inlaws with the two brats you can't stand and would actually intentional chuck one of these finly aged like the old lady down the street with Iowa rust on them hub cabs at just to possibly wake them up to reality...not that I would suggest something of that nature, but still, you know you were thinkin' about it...

At least, unlike that pair of black leather pants you are hiding in the closet, that you bought that one time to try to impress some chick and vowed never to wear again, these can be useful still. And, unlike those black leather pants, these will never get you accused of being a chick, just because someone saw you, in black leather pants, with a mullet. Not that mulle

The purpose of the eBay Web site is to enable members to buy and sell items from each other. Listings that don't offer an item for sale through the site, or that are designed for any other purpose, aren't permitted. In addition, sellers aren't permitted to state their personal opinions and views in their listings.
            Andrew

Comment

Dam, I'm a few days too late getting to this, nobody has a screen shot?
              sigpic

Comment

Here ya go... ;D...bummer part was I was able to go in and save my text, but not the ah, ahem, the "questions" I was asked. oh well....LOL

Ford rat rod moon hub caps in all their rusted glory
                hey, while looking here check out www.carjunkietv.com Item number: 120256576675

Item Specifics - Item Condition
                Condition: Used

Starting bid: US $0.35

Buy it Now price:
                US $25.00

Ended: May-08-08 12:57:47 PDT
                Shipping costs: US $12.95

Vintage Ford hub caps. Off a early 70's Ford Ranchero. 1974 to be exact. I think around the Nixon scandle. Around the time the smoky haze of the 60's was wearing off and everyone suddenly woke up in bell bottom jeans and a whole heck of a lot of corduroy jackets. Big belt buckles. And I do mean BIG belt buckles. Lots of Old Milwaukee. I think it was the dawning of Aquairias, but don't quote me.
                As you can agree by the picture, these things are finely aged, like that old lady down the street that gives you the evil eye every time you fire up the car with open headers. At 7:30am on a Satuday morning, burnouts in the street at 8am, that's when she tries for the cane up your a!!...forget trying to recreate patina man, here you go, these are "al-naturale" with vintage iowa rusty car syndrome.
                If not for your 1932 ford rat rod, maybe to match that fine 30+ year old daily driver, say something that DF would have over at www.carjunkietv.com
                Anyways, just figured I was going to have some fun, and see if some one could use these, they need a new home. They could be made into clocks, because I mean, hell, I know a car guy's wife digs the rusted hub cap clock in the bath room, hallway, or they would be just darn spiffy in the living room, right next to the picture of the inlaws with the two brats you can't stand and would actually intentional chuck one of these finly aged like the old lady down the street with Iowa rust on them hub cabs at just to possibly wake them up to reality...not that I would suggest something of that nature, but still, you know you were thinkin' about it...
                At least, unlike that pair of black leather pants you are hiding in the closet, that you bought that one time to try to impress some chick and vowed never to wear again, these can be useful still. And, unlike those black leather pants, these will never get you accused of being a chick, just because someone saw you, in black leather pants, with a mullet. Not that mullets are a bad thing. I mean, I had one when I was in high school. I was called the "Silver Mullet" because of a stupid thing for Coors beer. AnYwAyS...If not for the vintage Ford, rat rod, or other POS in your personal fleet, I say drip pan, dog bowl {because sparky needs a tetnus shot every 10 years, too}, place to throw spare change and the keys {and go the next morning, late for work, WTF did I put my keys?!?}, start a compound somewhere worshipping old cars, heck the possibilities are endless.
                While I was thinking about it, here is something on the pants. Had to paste it on here. do a search on the web for black leather pants on ebay.

You are bidding on a mistake.
                We all make mistakes. We date the wrong people for too long. We chew gum with our mouths open. We say inappropriate things in front of the wrong people.
                And we buy leather pants.
                I can explain these pants and why they are in my possession. I bought them many, many years ago under the spell of a woman whom I believed to have taste. She suggested I try them on. I did. She said they looked good. I wanted to have a relationship of sorts with her. I'm stupid and prone to impulsive decisions. I bought the pants.
                The relationship, probably for better, never materialized. The girl, whose name I can't even recall, is a distant memory. I think she was short.
                Ultimately the pants were placed in the closet where they have remained, unworn, for nearly a decade. I would like to emphasize that: Aside from trying these pants on, they have never, ever been worn. In public or private.
                I have not worn these leather pants for the following reasons:
                I am not a member of Queen.
                I do not like motorcycles.
                I am not Rod Stewart.
                I am not French.
                I do not cruise for transvestites in an expensive sports car.
                These were not cheap leather pants. They are Donna Karan leather pants. They're for men. Brave men, I would think. Perhaps tattooed, pierced men. In fact, I'll go so far as to say you either have to be very tough, very gay, or very famous to wear these pants and get away with it.
                Again, they're men's pants, but they'd probably look great on the right lady. Ladies can get away with leather pants much more often than men can. It's a sad fact that men who own leather pants will have to come to terms with.
                They are size 34x34. I am no longer size 34x34, so even were I to suddenly decide I was a famous gay biker I would not be able to wear these pants. These pants are destined for someone else. For reasons unknown - perhaps to keep my options open, in case I wanted to become a pirate - I shuffled these unworn pants from house to house, closet to closet. Alas, it is now time to part ways so that I may use the extra room for any rhinestone-studded jeans I may purchase in the future.
                These pants are in excellent condition. They were never taken on pirate expeditions. They weren't worn onstage. They didn't straddle a Harley, or a guy named Harley. They just hung there, sad and ignored, for a few presidencies.
                Someone, somewhere, will look great in these pants. I'm hoping that someone is you, or that you can be suckered into buying them by a girl you're trying to bed.

And with that, I am headed to the fridge. Bid, please, come on, you know you need these. you WANT these. I mean, women like shiny stuff. maybe your girl friend, wife, wife's friend, her cousin, and maybe the sister would each like one. That's it, they could be the latest retro thing, a vintage soup bowl! Yeah, that's it. they are screaming vintage. Much like the little old lady down the street that gives you the evil eye. Not like the "I'll set you ablaze" look, maybe, more along the lines of "WTF is the 12 guage?!?"
                Anyways, thanks for looking. If this listing made you smile, I have done my job. If you did not get it, well, sorry. We all can't be twisted and like to have some stupid fun occasionally.
                As far as shipping, will ship via USPS, $12.95. if buy it now is done, shipping is no charge.

Seller's payment instructions
                Additional instructions? Don't sneeze all over the salad bar. Burn outs in front of cops, not such a smart idea. Check out www.carjunkietv.com At your buddy's bachlor party, handing a belt to the stripper isn't the best idea. GO HUSKERS!!! I have my big red blinders ready, how 'bout you? And, for the record, I LIKE TATER TOTS!!

Andrew

Comment

We had fun while it lasted. lol ;D ;D
                  Living the dream!

Comment

Working...
                  X