Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turbo Article in the Last HotRod........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo Article in the Last HotRod........

There's a lot of good info in the article, but I wish they would have gone a little further and covered sizing Twin Turbo's............

The thing I found most interesting is that both Duttweiler and Precision sized using Precision turbos, invariably Duttweiler picked a smaller size.
    I'm still learning

Comment

IMO if you talk to 3 turbo experts, you'll get at least 4 different recommendations for turbo sizing (that's including the one that thinks whatever you're asking is pointless). The more I've gotten into turbos the more I'm surprised to see just how much opinion affects the advice.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

are you talking about the 1200hp 4.8 build? or is there a new turbo article i havent seen yet?
        formerly 1988montecarloss, 3198 posts
        http://bangshift.com/forum/member.ph...88montecarloss

Comment

Marlan wrote a big tech piece in the last issue.
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

My wife just sent off for my new subscription so I haven't seen it yet.
            Originally posted by TC
            also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

The turbo book by Hugh MacInnes that they reference is a pretty good primer for turbos. I have a copy from the early 80's and I would believe the later pressing have been updated.
              Shelter animals make great pets

Comment

Its quite interesting, though I agree it would be nice to have more info on twins. Someday a turbo will find its way under a hood in the yard.

Comment

Working...
                X