Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Never seen anything like this before! The edge of an EPIC FAIL.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never seen anything like this before! The edge of an EPIC FAIL.

I work @ a High School. We have the only Auto Shop in the Corporation. I stroll up and see two of the students screwing around with a door latch on a Chevy pickup.( These two boys have zero interest in the class BTW,or school for that matter. They just took it as a filler on their schedule.) An old habit from working @ a full service Gas Station when I was young causes me to look at the tires of any vehicle I am near. I sold a lot of tires that way. So I look down @ the right front tire and HOLY SHIT I think I am seeing things! It appears there is not much more than 1/8 ths of an inch of tire bead holding onto the missing chunk of aluminum wheel! The Teacher and I were both floored. What is worse is the punk kid driving had NO IDEA it was like that and we had to explain why it was a bad thing! To top it off he had a flat spare tire!! So I gave him my spare to get home on.

It was his Grandpa's truck and who knows how long it has been like that! Really I am amazed still that it was holding air and somebody has been driving on it!
    Attached Files

teach the punks how to excel like flat rate millionaires

Comment

YIKES!!!!!! But I bet they can beat the he11 out of me in video games.....
      HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
      DW- 12,16,17
      "Stay thirsty my friends"
      The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Yeah, but they know how to get gas into it........maybe.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Surprising what will hold air... This thing did:

Of course, I deflated it and pulled it off immediately...
          1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
          1997 Mustang GT
          sigpic

Comment

Teddyzee for the win. Ouch.

I did that to a cobra rim on my Mustang playing one day, hit a 10mph cloverleaf at 70, "hit it" being the operative phrase. Verts just don't want to stop, heavy bastards. It peeled off about 6 inches of lip. The spare was good but the fix-a-flat thing that fills it was not... so I nursed it home on the side streets. I never got it above 35 but it was shaking pretty bad at 35. I was amazed that it held air, which it did for 3 more days.

How can you not see that, much less not feel that?
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

what's worse is the kids parents let them drive it..... aside from the busted wheel - look at the tire - how can you not see that's got no tread left on it?
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                what's worse is the kids parents let them drive it..... aside from the busted wheel - look at the tire - how can you not see that's got no tread left on it?
                they may MAKE them drive it. Here, kid, go play in traffic.

(cough)
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

looks like you were driving in JERSEY CITY

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                    X2!!
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

wow.
                      don't be shamed by bad builds with the alloys..that is not often.

that breaking bead is a reason some @ 15x6 look like 15x8

Click image for larger version

Name:	oldpegeot 001w.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	861086

this is 1987 rally peugeot..still smacked with tortures of maine today. (I kept all rare 8 of them)
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Kind of people you see driving down the road on a flat tire.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

ive driven on worse
                          Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Gotta thin the gene pool somehow...........
                            The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

A few nights ago I was behind a Ford Expedition getting onto the freeway. When they made a hrd right onto the onramp there were sparks coming from the steel cord hanging out of the left front tire. There's something else that amazes me, how many times have you seen a car not more than 3 or 4 years old and it's totally beat to shit?
                              Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Working...
                              X