Chrome it or don't Chrome it.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome it or don't Chrome it.........

I've talked about having my 1999 Camaro Z28 wrapped in Chrome......Well it was mostly talk since I hadn't tracked down a supplier for the chrome wrap and the one company that makes the wrap for the videos didn't have a link on their site to buy the stuff, well that was until now.......

So what you say, chrome it or don't chrome it.........

And at that are there any laws that would prevent you from driving a chrome car on the street??, I mean they have those semi trailers that are mirror polished and they let them drive on the street, but I just don't know if there are any laws against it.........

Here's a link to the company that makes the Chrome Wrap......

And here's the YouTube video of what it will look like.......To me it is bad ass!!!!!

Chrome It
    31.03%
    Don't Chrome It
    41.38%
    TC it's your car, do what you want, but your just Crazy!!!
    27.59%
    Last edited by TC; March 20, 2012, 06:33 PM.

Think about what it will look like in three years, after countless bug splatters and lots of scrubbing.
    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by Schtauffer View Post
      Think about what it will look like in three years, after countless bug splatters and lots of scrubbing.
      That's the beauty of a wrap, when it wears out you just peal it off, in the mean time it protected the paint, plus this stuff has a 5 year warranty.........

Comment

I vote no. That said it is your car and naturally you are free to do what you like. I just am not a big chrome fan and cannot imagine an entire car being chrome. What happens when the sun reflects off of that chrome hood while you are trying to drive. Seems like a problem to me.

Comment

I'd be hesitant to do something like that... but if I were considering it, I'd ask several police officers if they thought it was legal... If they are unsure, I wouldn't do it. Even if my research led me to believe it was perfectly street legal, having to explain it to police officers who pull you over isn't the best situation to be in... I don't think they enjoy debating the law with people on the side of the road.

Comment

Let's see... lives in the Valley of the Sun, and wants a highly reflective wrap put on his car... nope, can't think of a reason why that'd be problematic....

well

maybe a couple slight problems

- lighting adjacent cars on fire
            - starting fires at every park you park at
            - blinding pilots (this is okay since remy will be safely north of you
            - and the best of all - many stoplights have photoelectric triggers that trip when emergency vehicles come their direction (it makes the lights either go all red, or green in the direction of the emergency vehicle).... so you'd be in the green forever

so on the balance, I'd say go for it
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I wanna see it. do it. I think its cool. and temporary if ya have issues......

of course i am the guy that just painted his entire car with rust-o-leum spray cans.....just a little perspective there...

but yeah.... do it!
              Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

I think there might be something pertinent in my sig line?
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                  I vote no. That said it is your car and naturally you are free to do what you like. I just am not a big chrome fan and cannot imagine an entire car being chrome. What happens when the sun reflects off of that chrome hood while you are trying to drive. Seems like a problem to me.
                  I can't see my hood while driving.........It's not part of the picture.......

Comment

Originally posted by yellomalibu View Post
                    I'd be hesitant to do something like that... but if I were considering it, I'd ask several police officers if they thought it was legal... If they are unsure, I wouldn't do it. Even if my research led me to believe it was perfectly street legal, having to explain it to police officers who pull you over isn't the best situation to be in... I don't think they enjoy debating the law with people on the side of the road.
                    I was going to call ADOT and see what they have to say about it......Though around here we have lots of Tanker trucks that have mirror polished aluminum trailers, I mean ones that you can see your car perfectly in.....So I wouldn't think chroming a car would be any different........

Comment

Following you on the Interstate would be blinding. Another vote no.
                      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

How's the "other" Camaro coming along? Still on stands? Blah, blah, blah....
                        Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

Being in the wrap and sign business....that 5 year warranty only applies to surfaces on the sides of the car. The hood .....roof....and trunk will only have a 6 month warranty. After 6 months the adhesive will begin bonding to the paint underneath.wraps are cool...but they have serious drawbacks.
                          The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

Even if you cant see your hood, doesnt mean you wont be blinded by the glare. In AZ summer heat, you'll have a car that will be rolling frying pan. You will feel the heat just waking by it. And, dont lean on it it unless you want ass fried. Also, the wrap will most likely pull half your clearcoat off after being on the car a couple months.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                              Even if you cant see your hood, doesnt mean you wont be blinded by the glare. In AZ summer heat, you'll have a car that will be rolling frying pan. You will feel the heat just waking by it. And, dont lean on it it unless you want ass fried. Also, the wrap will most likely pull half your clearcoat off after being on the car a couple months.
                              Actually their wrap reflects the heat, I'll have a cooler car.........
                              Last edited by TC; March 20, 2012, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X