X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring has Sprung!

I love Spring!

thought I would share.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

It has been an average 26 degrees warmer than it usually is for the last 12 days. 70+ days in March is unheard of up here between the lakes. The lows have been in the mid 50s, so its been a record setting spring here. Skeeters are already coming out, little bastards. The bugs are the only part of warm weather I dont like here.

Since it has been so warm and nice, we know there is a HUGE snowstorm coming, probably Easter weekend like most years...

Comment

still a little chili here...but I aint complaining...soon enough it will be like living in an convection oven on the surface of the sun
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Nice warm streak here too .... but we still have a good snow or two to go still.
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Breaking high temp records all over the place.

I got the pontoon almost ready to go, changed oil, filter, lower unit lube, put the battery back in, stereo still sounds sweet... fisherman have been out on the lake for a couple weeks already.

The bugs this year are going to be horrible!
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
            It has been an average 26 degrees warmer than it usually is for the last 12 days. 70+ days in March is unheard of up here between the lakes. The lows have been in the mid 50s, so its been a record setting spring here. Skeeters are already coming out, little bastards. The bugs are the only part of warm weather I dont like here.

Since it has been so warm and nice, we know there is a HUGE snowstorm coming, probably Easter weekend like most years...
            it is strange indeed.
            Going for 5 days all time warm records..in a row.
            I can smell the ocean in the warmth..for my locale this means oxides created the heat (the salt loves the unresolved metal)

I have been here through mishaps not even admitted.

went for a walk..82F. broke a sweat.

a dirt road still has the ice melting in the grooves. the canopy of the woods still has the packed snoe in alot of spots.
            heck in the hot paved parking lot I parked the old sube right on top of an ice sheet.

this battle is a big one.
            Last edited by Barry Donovan; March 21, 2012, 01:10 PM.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

No spring here in the mountains of So. Cal. We got 20 inches of snow here at the 7000 ft level two days ago. The Auto Club 400 nascar is this coming saturday in Fontana which I'm going to. they (the weather gods) have indicated a chance of light rain for Sunday. Come on spring!
              Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

We're paying for it over here - the highest pollen counts in the US. One of the gauges they use to measure it is grains per cubic meter, and 1500 is considered very high.

This morning in Nashville it was 16,000. It's affecting people who don't even have allergies because of the amount of it. The nose can't filter that much particulate so it produces mucus to move it outta there.

We're miserable in eastern Tennessee, everybody. Never seen anything like it. My head's full of it. I can taste the pollen, in my mouth. I'm blowing out yellow stuff every few minutes and coughing up the stuff that's running down the back of my throat...

Shut up, peewee. Quit whining.

Okay. That's enough of that.
                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Below normal temps here in SoCal. Not surprising as we usually have the opposite weather of the eastern part of the country.

I'd pray for a freeze for a few days to kill off some of them bugs.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Just returned to Orange County from Seattle where it was cold, dreary and wet. Thank god for OC... sunny and 75*!
                    Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

I think I better bring the mower out of the basement - grass is getting tall.
                      Phil / Omaha

Comment

It is CRAZY in Ohio.... all the trees have a full set of budding leaves, The dogwood trees are bigger than I've ever seen (but really pretty). It was 92 yesterday, breakin' records for the last week! My A/C is runnin' right now. BIZZARO folks... Seriously weird... the jet streams are whack... I forecast EXTREME dry weather for the entire southwest, southeast and midwest this summer and fall, with a VERY high chance of devastating wild fires.....

but you know me I always say crazy stuff that doesn't come tru.....eh?
                        Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

I am absolutely loving it here in Illinois, been in the 80's for the past few days. Just picked up some herb seedlings to put in pots on the porch. I'm pretty sure we're going to pay for it soon, but I'm damn sure enjoying it in the meantime.

I remember the pollen in Tennessee quite well Peewee. One spring day I was driving and a gust of wind hit a stand of pines in front of me. There was a yellowish green cloud floating across the road after that. Everything outside was covered in tree j!@# every spring.
                          I'm probably wrong

Comment

I'm predicting a big blizzard you east coasters on Memorial Day weekend. Buuwwwaaahahaha.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

And we won't be a bit suprised by one either!

I remember playing in fresh snow drifts on my birthday when I was very young. That would have been May....
                              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                              X