• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Jackstand

Seriously, there should be a class

like this one

So that was my longest term pro-jackstand (25 years).... post up yours
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; March 21, 2012, 10:09 PM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

That's one of yours right?
    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Yup, but TC might have him by a bit.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

my decade projects sit on their wheels and get pushed in and out occasionally
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

It's better to have a project on jackstands for decades than no project at all.... I'd probably dream-built that Studebaker 10 times, problem was I was never in love with the truck - so there it sat. I even drove it in one of its itinerations (so maybe it did get finished?). At this point, I should have two projects out of my garage in 3 weeks; and money in my car account.... then the picture will be a pro jackstand Buick Sedanet and Spider.... are roller dollies an acceptable substitute for jackstands?

Comment

Nice spammer, "dianec".

My car has always been somewhat of a work in progress, but for the most part, I've been able to drive it within a week or two of starting a new project on it. The paint job took several months... but that's a short amount of time compared to some other paint jobs I'm familiar with.

Comment

I've got one of those.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM2501.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	861130
              Unfortunately, I've so completely lost interest in the wagon, I might just sell it for scrap.
              I R Bob
              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Whew......glad you are in a different class. I couldn't be competitive in ProJackstand - - have to stick to the BarnFloor Brackets.

Only thing with dollies is that eventually they turn into jackstands, when they sit so long the wheels flatspot. The '61 Beetle I'm rebuilding, I sat the jackstands on the dollies for an elevated mobile work platform. Or is that mobile dust collector?

Guess that is a Hybrid Racing Class? Outlaw ProJackstand-meets-DollieDrags?
                Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                  Whew......glad you are in a different class. I couldn't be competitive in ProJackstand - - have to stick to the BarnFloor Brackets.

Only thing with dollies is that eventually they turn into jackstands, when they sit so long the wheels flatspot. The '61 Beetle I'm rebuilding, I sat the jackstands on the dollies for an elevated mobile work platform. Or is that mobile dust collector?

Guess that is a Hybrid Racing Class? Outlaw ProJackstand-meets-DollieDrags?
                  We really need a Braub ruling on this; but I think that a hybrid class would have to be something with dead batteries (more than what would nominally be required to operate the car.)

Comment

Mine is Pro Storage. It runs and drives, but it just sits in front of the house and has a bunch of stuff in the trunk that wont fit in the shed or the garage...
                    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                      It's better to have a project on jackstands for decades than no project at all....
                      I don't know, that's getting close to "pro-yard", where the car sits in the yard weathering away while the owner swears he'll get to it on a 'someday' that will never come.... At least in a shop it's wasting valueable space I guess.
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I guess mine would be Pro Jackass, where I store stuff for someday that wasn't worth being stored.
                        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                          I guess mine would be Pro Jackass, where I store stuff for someday that wasn't worth being stored.
                          I think that is the same categoruy I am in...pro storage...unless the car doesnt run...then pro jackass could be a sub division of pro storage...
                          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Mine fit into two categories - pro dolly with flat tires (69 mach1) and pro-storage (84 econoline sits outside)
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Although it would still run, for about 4 years the Chevelle sat on flat tires in the garage under the car cover...

I'd call it a "pro laundry pile", since that's where I piled my laundry when I pulled it out of the dryer.

And no. If a project is sitting in a garage for years at a time, it IS NOT the same as letting it rust away in the yard. Sure both people are "gonna fix it up some day", but at least if the car is stored in a garage the next person to own it will have some good stuff to work with. The car outside will likely be hauled away for scrap after the stubborn owner dies.

Comment

Working...
                              X