Driving Qestions for UK BSers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving Qestions for UK BSers

My daughter and SIL are preparing for a military move to Mildenhall and are trying to decide if thier Ford Flex would be like DD a bus on the average UK roads and car parks. They are upside down on the loan,of course,love the car but are concerned it would just sit because it's too much of a pain to drive and park.

Any insite on Driving in UK would be helpful too.

Good size family car,3 yo,posible baby too?

What car does it seem everybody drives?

Thanks

Lots of my friends right here in this building were stationed there. I suspect the FLEX would be a little larger than the average vehicle in the city of London. But lots of guys I know that have lived there have had american pickups, mid sized SUV's, Jeep Cherokees and mini vans in and around Mildenhall and the rest of the country with no issues. Got a friend there right now who owns a new BMW...a present to himself for making promotion.
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

been there more than once. drove on the bus smacking the bushes.

the smaller the better.

america has some that would fit in and be real, kinda tall boxy, but skinny.

the scion something comes to mind. boxy square little truck car.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Thanks Joes and Boxer,
        Could you ask around,would a Flex just be useless in an average carpark, if they have to park on the street could traffic pass?

They just don't want to take it if the thing is just useless.

Comment

You see a lot of Land Rovers and they are bigger, also plenty of full size Mercedes and Jag's . The friggin gas costs alot there though but I guess its all relevent.

Comment

Daughter just read something about headlight on US modles being a problem,any info there?

Comment

My friend in Cambridge UK drives an 05 Grand Cherokee with a 5.7 Hemi..

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclone03 View Post
                Daughter just read something about headlight on US modles being a problem,any info there?
                There is an issue with the turn signals or side reflectors I believe. MOT will make you put them on. When my partener gets back from leave I will clarify this. He just returned from there about a year ago.
                Last edited by JOES66FURY; March 23, 2012, 06:52 AM.
                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                X