No announcement yet.

What the hell kind of car is that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was stuck in traffic in Denver 2 weeks ago and up the onramp next to me rolled not one but 2 Bugatti Veyrons. I'll have to see if I can get the picture my passenger snapped of them blocking traffic to talk to each other once one had merged and the other was still sitting in the onramp lane.
    I've seen some really expensive cars in Denver, got passed by a Ferrari F430 on the way to the airport once. There's some nice muscle and oldschool lowriders in Colorado Springs, no so much in the way of expensive exotics.
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
      I have only seen one cammo clad test car in my life. It was out here in the summer time, running around town in traffic...no freaking clue what it was but it was pretty cool to see one.
      You should have seen the clad cars that seemed to run around Williams AFB in the 80's.
      GM's Desert Proving Grounds lived in our flight path shadow.

One night at around 3am I heared an engine scream I'd never heard before.Running around the 5 mile track was what I latered learned was the Buick Wildcat. AJ Foyt ended up setting some records in the car. It was later on disply at the Pontiac dealer on main street in Mesa.

At the time it seemed normal to my friends and I to see cars in drag,thats what we called them.

Too bad for me,the Ford guy,to have to drive about 150 miles to see Fords in drag....

Comment

did a PDI on a G3 back in 09 ..just as junky as an AVEE IIOO
        do the timing belt at 60k OR ELSE

Comment

When I was transporting cars, I used to see pre-production cars on I-70 going up and down to the Eisenhower tunnel frequently. I'm sure they were doing high altitude testing. Also big trucks testing climbing and engine braking-mainly IH.

Comment

that was the cool thing about living in arizona and all the manufacture test facilitys, saw mule and test cars all the time, I was responsible for the first 370z photos to be leaked to the internet a few years back. A taco bell I use to go to by my buddies shop in Apache Junction was the turn around point / dinner spot for VW engineers and test drivers, got to see the VW Phantoms and CCs years before they came out. hell dont get me started bout half the stuff I saw from the GM proving grounds that were about 15 miles from me
            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Camo car at the GM proving grounds last year.

I R Bob
              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Todd was talking about the cold weather testing. My buddy Norm was an engineer for Fisher Body (when there WAS a Fisher Body) and they would send him to the desert PG in the winter for hot weather testing and Capuscasing (sp?) for cold weather testing in the summer. I never could figure out why they didn't just shift the development schedule by 6 months and do the whole deal in Michigan. Common sense is not so common.......

Dan

Comment

I see the full car bra cover things on many cars here in LA. I know Toyota and Nissan test cars here. Toyota would start their runs at the pet store next door to our old office. The cars had big computers for complete data logging. I think part of it was for CARB emissions numbers as well dialing in tunes, shocks, springs, and finding mpg.

What's funny is that even though Toyota and Nissan North American HQ's are here in LA, all these test cars have Michigan manufacturer plates on them.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Scott,

That's probably because both of their tech centers are based here. Toyota is near Ann Arbor, and I think Nissan is Farmington Hills. (both considered metro Detroit) I worked in the industry, both for Ford and a Japanese supplier. The Japanese have a strong foothold in the Detroit area, especially up in the Novi area.
                    Motor City Muscle

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                      Camo car at the GM proving grounds last year.

Not sure if I should drive it or milk it...
                      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                      X