Constructive suggestions from carjunkie members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constructive suggestions from carjunkie members

Let's use this thread as a place to offer helpful suggestions for making this place even better. Chad and Dave have created an environment with innovative content and a great community, so we should contribute any good ideas that can help them.

I'll start with a few. In the video section, it would be cool to see an archive of the past videos in addition to the current ones. That way, you can watch an entire series (like the airride install, for example) several times over to help if you're doing a similar project. Also, it would be nice to have some still photos as well as video. Often times, admiring a trick engine install can only be appreciated after examining all of the details in a picture. With video, you lose some of that. The video content is fantastic, but pictures might be a nice complement. That's all I've got for now.... keep up the good work!

Re: Constructive suggestions from carjunkie members

I will respond to this one ;D. From what I've read on here. An archive is in the making, and if you view across the top of the page, there will also be a gallery coming soon, where I would assumer there will be some stills of all the cool stuff they get to do.

Comment

I think that is a good idea to be honest some of these threads on the forums
      has nothing to do with cars and they get boring.

Comment

Originally posted by bbnova

Are you sayig every post should be about cars and or car related...man, I hope that dosnt happen....I dont know about the others here but I like to talk about things other than cars with like minded people

Comment

I'm having a real hard time being patient and waiting for more content. I've been really close to starting a thread about it, but still trying to be polite. There was the big buildup to launch, and then...little by little.... I know they must be working hard, but the video refresh rate is agonizingly slow.
          1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Originally posted by 67pete300
            I'm having a real hard time being patient and waiting for more content. I've been really close to starting a thread about it, but still trying to be polite. There was the big buildup to launch, and then...little by little.... I know they must be working hard, but the video refresh rate is agonizingly slow.
            One word: Editing. Turning 3 hours of video into 7 minutes of all the best and brightest stuff for us to watch is
            an arduous process. I've been a bit impatient as well, but with time it should get faster. Practice makes perfect,
            and in this case, I'm happy that DF and Chad would rather take the time to make things RIGHT instead of making
            a so-called "deadline" for content... Just my opinion.

Comment

Nothing big with me . If they were to have three hrs of content then I would some how like more access to it than 10-15 min . I love the stuff so far, I just want more.

Comment

Trust me, I wish we could just play our day in it's entirety, but the AV Kids are working their butts off to make all of our crap antics look good. More content is coming, and addition features as well. Keep the suggestions coming, we want to hear from you. And any criticism is fine...as long as it's positive. If it's negative, it must be directed at David. Not me. ;D
                "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

well I agree with the more content faster!! (hey., I can't get enough!! :D ) and about the archives (getting worked on )

Could you guys ask the dyno operator to run the motors a little higher though, I'd like to see more of the power curve on these tests.

And, ummm, do you have any job openings b/c I'd almost kill to be a part of this :o

Comment

Tell me we get a pick on Chad day.... I can't imagine a world without it...

K

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY
                      Originally posted by bbnova

Are you sayig every post should be about cars and or car related...man, I hope that dosnt happen....I dont know about the others here but I like to talk about things other than cars with like minded people
                      I am saying yes to some of that who is getting married what music to you listen to or who has dogs on here

Comment

Originally posted by carjunkiechad
                        Trust me, I wish we could just play our day in it's entirety, but the AV Kids are working their butts off to make all of our crap antics look good. More content is coming, and addition features as well. Keep the suggestions coming, we want to hear from you. And any criticism is fine...as long as it's positive. If it's negative, it must be directed at David. Not me. ;D
                        If it's really negative remimber that you can p.m. people and not make a public record of it .

Comment

I know that the intke tests were to compare te 2 intakes but it would have been nice to see a baseline on the motors you tested.not only do we get to see the diff in power between the intakes but we get to ee how much power those intakes made over the intake you were using currently

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk
                            Tell me we get a pick on Chad day.... I can't imagine a world without it...
                            My favorite thing to do. I look forward to it ...

;D

Comment

Working...
                            X