Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Liggett
    replied
    An improvement of over a second is good. I know your pain with gearing and gear spread, but I have to add my slow ass granny shifting too.

Leave a comment:

• dulcich
    replied
    Great job, Brian! That is a really good improvement.
    -dulcich

Leave a comment:

• BOOOGHAR
    replied
    i fergot you still had the 3.08 in there, i was thinking you already had a gear and a limited slip

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    P.S. What gear you plan on going to?

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
    Picked up 1.2 seconds over the previous best. 14.66/94 was best lap of the day. Not too bad for 4,000lbs with me in it and a lazy 3.08 gear. New components coming next week and gears coming at some point this year, too.
    Congrats, your faster than my trans am was when it was stock . That's not sarcasm either. I'm running a 3.23. That was all she had. 15 flat. I need to take it out again with the LT1 / T5 / Carb w/ high rise intake that will pull till it flys apart ( been to 6,000 ) Beats that TPI that ran out of air at 4600.

Leave a comment:

• Brian Lohnes
    replied
    Yeah, it proved that a tall first gear coupled with a crappy rear end gear ratio and wide gear splits all suck balls for drag racing...especially when you don't have a lot of torque. Not so sure I learned anything but it sure played out in real life like it did on paper!

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Chad had a good point when i talked to him today. That 1.2 seconds is purely power because the car has the exact same rear end gear and transmission ratios as it did when I ran it earlier. The TH350 runs were a horrid waste of time. LOL
    Nooo... Runs with the 350 were "education runs"... You learnt something, right?

Leave a comment:

• Brian Lohnes
    replied
    Chad had a good point when i talked to him today. That 1.2 seconds is purely power because the car has the exact same rear end gear and transmission ratios as it did when I ran it earlier. The TH350 runs were a horrid waste of time. LOL

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    so if I remember, by 89 they had TBI in them? Sumped tank is what I'm wondering about...

oh and I just saw your new time, 1.2 seconds is HUGE.
    Last edited by Beagle; July 3, 2013, 05:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Brian Lohnes
    replied
    Picked up 1.2 seconds over the previous best. 14.66/94 was best lap of the day. Not too bad for 4,000lbs with me in it and a lazy 3.08 gear. New components coming next week and gears coming at some point this year, too.

Leave a comment:

• RustyRodder
    replied
    And the verdict is?

Leave a comment:

• Brian Lohnes
    replied
    Andy not blow it up nuke...Atomic EFI nuke (then a
    Bottle with a blue hue may arrive on the scene)

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    tell me you put a loop or two on it and I just don't remember?

Leave a comment:

• andy30thz
    replied
    and then....we're going NUKE!
    YOU BETTER NOT DAMNIT!! This would make a spectacular tow truck mill!!

Leave a comment:

• BOOOGHAR
    replied
    New stuff. Hope to pull motor apart next week.
    my neck hurts now

Leave a comment:

Working...
X