No announcement yet.

Buford T Justice -- the full tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IF the trans doesnt work,AND the wrecker has heavyduty underpinnings...

Comment

• Can we have a itty bitty update. I've been good and done all my chores pa!
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• You bet! -- Trans is in, drive shaft is in...burnouts have been completed. Story coming Monday/Tuesday at the latest!

(Hopefully back to the drags wed/fri)

Stay tuned!
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• Nice!!

Awesome to see things moving along...these and panthers will keep folks busy awhile.

Comment

• Ha, I just got done watching Smokey and the Bandit 3 ( yeah, they apparently made a 3rd one), and this thread pops up right after. It's not that good, there's a reason I never heard of it until a week ago. It does focus on Buford T. more than the other 2 did though. Can't wait for the updates.

Comment

• Thanks, i think I can wait that long. My 95 Caprice wagon has been down for about 2 weeks and I've been stuck driving the Toyota.Replaced the ignition switch and had the started tested. I got the 2 acres mowed today and over time is gone till next week so, I should get it figured out by the time you up date us !
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Brian, sounds like you are doing better than me. I've got my new bullet ready for the D100, but am slammed with work so hard right now there is no way I'll get to stab it in for a while. In the meantime, I'm stuck driving an 88 Mighty Max. I too am looking forward to the BTJ update.
                -dulcich

Comment

• Professional decorum is important when wrenching with your pals.

(Photo by CavemanTony)
                  Attached Files
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• Brian - I respect your loyalty to your lovely Bride - but I beg you to remove your wedding ring before doing any heavy wrenching - I've seen and heard of too many injuries (how about welding the wedding ring between the + on the starter and the frame...) with rings and working on stuff.

I do appreciate the gesture!
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• OSHA/AFOSH and QA would have our ass for that wedding ring, for working above your head without eye protection and for not wearing gloves while messing with something containing hydo fluid. Also, the tools laying everywhere, would get you a housecleaning write up, the lack of techincal material such as a chiltons manual would net you a technical data violation....
                      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• I was grinding over head last night with safety glasses on - and still managed to get a piece into my eye, thankfully it came out easily - one good reason to keep an old truck mirror in the sop - so you can see to get stuff out of your eyes.

I have found that even mechanix gloves don't protect your hands from grinding wheels - I think I posted a picture of my finger after that run in.

Just bustin on ya Bruab, cause we don't want to see anybody getting hurt.

Comment

• Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                          OSHA/AFOSH and QA would have our ass for that wedding ring, for working above your head without eye protection and for not wearing gloves while messing with something containing hydo fluid. Also, the tools laying everywhere, would get you a housecleaning write up, the lack of techincal material such as a chiltons manual would net you a technical data violation....
                          we aren't all in the air force...but I can relate to being that anal retentive (crew chief).
                          it took some years to relax, leave little piles immediately around me. Get to know your own car enough determines glasses..only so much can fall off after scraping and banging many times.

I am curious as to the engines curve and the old 3 speed. Those years weren't in that tuning realm..

probably spin a bearing next.
                          Previously boxer3main
                          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• The only thing about the picture that bothers me is that you're working on an automatic transmission, and I don't see a puddle of transmission fluid. You're not gonna get the full experience unless you're rolling around in a puddle of ATF.
                            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                              The only thing about the picture that bothers me is that you're working on an automatic transmission, and I don't see a puddle of transmission fluid. You're not gonna get the full experience unless you're rolling around in a puddle of ATF.

Must be photochopped......... nobody does trans work without a puddle of ATF...... it just is not possible.....
                              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Notice the protective barrier over the new asphalt! Brian is wisely protecting his investment - and / or Kerri would kill him if he messed up the new driveway.

Comment

Working...
                                X