No announcement yet.

Buford T Justice -- the full tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you're gonna be dumb...you gotta be patient. ARGH!

Yesterday I assembled the new center link as well as the inner/outer tie rod assemblies, measuring off of the still intact original one to get it close. I then went over to harass Mike Casella to assemble the upper and lower control arms with new cross shafts and my bad ass solid bushings from AFCO. Got the upper arms together, no sweat. Then I realized that I screwed the pooch on part numbers with AFCO and got 4 of the same sized lower control arm bushings, not two and two as the rear bushing is larger than the front. We jammed the fronts in and when I get the rears, I'll head back over the finish them off and put the front end back together.

Jon Sandahl put the necessary tack welds on the bushings that AFCO recommends to keep them from rotating in the a-arm as there is some variance in the production tolerances of the bushing holes. Once I get those other two bushings, the front end will be back together in a couple of hours with everything but the a-arms themselves having been replaced.

Being an idiot sucks sometimes!
    Last edited by Brian Lohnes; August 10, 2012, 05:58 PM.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• Being an idiot sucks sometimes!

Nope ain't idiocy, my friend... It's OLD AGE!!

Comment

• Ah, its pretty much par for the course.

If that issue makes you an idiot, you've got a bunch of company.
        I'm still learning

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
          Ah, its pretty much par for the course.

If that issue makes you an idiot, you've got a bunch of company.
          Me! Me ! We talking about old age right? Lol.... Either reason is pure idiocy..

Comment

• I do stuff like that all the time Brian, I feel like King Idiot sometimes.

Comment

• Done crap like that more than I care to admit to. Easily distracted + brain farts = interesting times.
              I'm probably wrong

Comment

• Dave Nutting slayed the photos today....Buford Update coming to the blog soon. All of a sudden, this shitbox is looking a little bad ass!
                Attached Files

Comment

• Ahhh, going to visit my uncle in andover next month... methinks a trip is in order
                  Local person
                  sigpic

Comment

• That is sitting pretty sweet. Next photos need to have a straight low shot of the front and rear so we can see the meats !
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Next up: body plastics and a Maaco for God's sake...LMAO...love it! Would love to see the treatment on a 2dr Caprice, I don't care which version.
                      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

• Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
                        Next up: body plastics and a Maaco for God's sake...LMAO...love it! Would love to see the treatment on a 2dr Caprice, I don't care which version.
                        the word caprice.
                        it triggers a subliminal video.
                        Previously boxer3main
                        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• More often than not I trulyt hate the Soft 8's....I must reluctantly admit, they look pretty good on BTJ...
                          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• I don't like the soft 8 most of the time either, but they really look good on this car. Allows it to keep the cop car vibe without running stock steelies.

You definitely nailed the stance!
                            Still plays with trucks....

Comment

• Nutting was even impressed about how it drove...until it broke down twice yesterday.

Details to follow!

Comment

• Tease!!
                                Last edited by TheSilverBuick; October 15, 2012, 11:04 AM. Reason: F'in forum software editing my post.
                                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                                X