Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
    Hey man!

Eventually the car will have some buckets in it. Until then, it is staying on the column. When the buckets go in, I want to start figuring out a stick box for it.

As Nutting can vouch for, the thing rides GREAT. I drove it a couple hundred miles before I got a squeak and blasted some grease into the bushings. It quieted right down. I can honestly say that outside the grease regimen, you'd never know the difference (in my big heavy car) than poly or Delrin, etc. That has been my experience so far.
    McGann did all the engineering on his '86 before having to sell the car. I'll shoot him an email for some of the details.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by andy30thz View Post
      Man, once you get the bolt-on parts on the motor, you won't want to get out of this thing! Even if it ain't super nasty, it will at lest sound the part!

Honestly, I bet being a little underpowered would probably make it a great autocrosser as is. As long as the course is a little bit bigger that the typical Mall Miata courses we get around here....

Oh, looks like you DID spend too much time with Freiburger!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8F-ZQGV7hc
      DF said the car was done. Does it have top that will keep (most of the) water out? That would be an requirement for a DD!
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell View Post
        DF said the car was done. Does it have top that will keep (most of the) water out? That would be an requirement for a DD!
        His convert Impala (the one that used to have the flame wrap) never has it top up.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• That just proves the weather is better in CA and DF is more hard core than I.
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
          1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
          ​​​​​​

Comment

That just proves the weather is better in CA and DF is more hard core than I.
            300 days of sun a year. Though not always warm and sometimes very hot. DF has never said it, but I get the feeling driving such shit boxes in brutal conditions is some sort of self test for to prove to himself he is a real hot rodder.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

That just proves the weather is better in CA and DF is more hard core than I.
              He drove it to Bonneville, and it started raining, and he wasn't sure the top would go up, or what shape it was in, AND he didn't even know if the window's would roll up, lol.

Comment

• Brian, do you still need a HEI with vac advance?
                Reading , Pa
                Good Guys rodders rep.
                "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

• The weather is looking OK... Is the parts thrashfest still on for this weekend?

Comment

• Yessah! I pulled the crossmember out of the car for notching. I think that will be done tomorrow as I have another date at the drags today with a different and totally BS approved hunk and I mean HUNK of iron.

Stay tuned!
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• Big dump truck HUNK of iron....?

Sweet!!! Good to hear there is a touch of prep work being done on BTJ!! Can't wait to hear it with headers! Don't forget your ear plugs for the ride home!

I just wish there was an easy way to get a set of gears in this thing...big cam needs needs deep gears!

Comment

• Adding to the mystery. The vehicle I will be drag racing today will allow me to leave the ear plugs at home.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                          Adding to the mystery. The vehicle I will be drag racing today will allow me to leave the ear plugs at home.

Is this the one you'll be in while doing your impersonation of Bo & Luke Duke in the near future?
                          Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

• Officially the coolest piece on the car is hidden under the car. Tube Chassis Designz notched my cross member for me for exhaust clearance when the headers are installed.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• That is slick!

Comment

• AWESOME! That looks too perfect for Buford! It just looked like a nice notch job until you flipped it over and you can see the included angle!!
                                When I see quality work like that, I realize I shouldn't even OWN a welder!!!

Man.....is this drag thrash really gonna happen?!?!?!?! Are you going to get Sunday track time it right before this storm? (Or are you north enough to miss most of it?)

Comment

Working...
                                X