Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beeyooteeful job!
    Overkill, from what I know..
    I doubt it flexs without the added angle..
    But still.. Over better than under....

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
      Beeyooteeful job!
      Overkill, from what I know..
      I doubt it flexs without the added angle..
      But still.. Over better than under....
      that is a nice piece,
      I had a booger weld under for a monte carlo.

the header going through it may have lit my ass..being a numb ass, I was never quite sure.

I am one to sit in my desk chair with no comprehension it is going to break and leave me laying flat out, like yesterday when it happened.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• Anybody heard any rumblings about how Brian's drag thrash is going?
        Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

• Was wondering that, myself. If he pulled it off, he'll make my "all-time lunatic thrash" list.
          I'm still learning

Comment

• Rain induced FAIL.

Got hot laps in to establish a baseline, cut the exhaust off the car, had the MSD all wired up and ready to go (when it was time for that part of the program) and then the day got cancelled. I towed home a wet, frustrated dude. Strip closes for the year on Wed. I'll be at SEMA (weather willing).

Plan B will be fired off in a week or two. Take today's failed plan and do it on a chassis dyno at a friend's shop. Far less dramatic but we'll be able to spend more time actually tuning the thing with timing, jetting, etc. It will also give some cool and repeatable results on what each of these bolt ons are worth when you stick them on your car.

(At least that is what I am telling myself because I am PISSED today was a wet tastic fail!)

Brian
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• Sorry to hear that, Brian. You seemed a little excited about this one. That's weather for you I guess. Glad you have a back up plan, though.
              Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

• You can always pay Dan to haul you south to a dragstrip there ...
                Then drive it home when all is said and done...

Comment

• Vericom? G-tech? You can still get a before after ... and get the strip numbers in the spring. You have a "baseline" for the 350 unless you plan on doing a progressive deal, Vortecs, AFR's, manifolds, long tube headers, factory dual plane, Air Gap, that sort of deal. General numbers will work fine, it's just an "idea" of what to expect. No need to wait until spring, bud.
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• That blows, sorry to hear it Brian! I really wanted to see you get in on an EPIC thrash of your own! But it seems the weather has been ROUGH in the north east for racing this fall.

Sounds like you've got a great plan B. You'll need to find a decent set of heads while you're out at SEMA.....

Gonna tell us what the baseline times were? I assume you lost a little without the 700r's deep first gear.

Comment

• Andy, losing the 700 cut the thing's nuts off. Went 16.30 a couple of times. With a picture perfect launch I bet I could have gone 20 but that's it. It was down like 8mph, too. It would hit 4th at like 1,000ft and the thing was just on its face by then. The sixty foot times were in the dumper as you noted due to the taller first gear.

SPOILER ALERT - Taking favorable gearing away from a weak suck motor will slow your car down. HA!
                      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• Bummer
                        Super dissappointed, but - the bright side is that you will be able to be a bit more scientific about the combination changes - and you won't have to do the work outside in the cold. Since you're moving to the dyno - will you adjust the parts swap order?
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Aren't 1/2 ton GM trucks 8.5's as well? Might be dirt cheap to score a used 3.42 gear set, or 3.73's if you're thinking you might put another overdrive (auto or stick) in it.
                          I assume it has 3.08's now. (I think you've said before, but I forgot)

Gears+heads+your bolt-on parts = fun times next summer!

Comment

• At least the chassis dyno will remove the pesky driver variable from the tests...
                            I'm still learning

Comment

• Caprice is coil sprung, I believe..
                              Pickups/Suburbans ar leaf sprung....
                              Either have to weld on brackets (be able to get favorable pinion angles)
                              Or
                              Swap centers.. Since he is adding posi.. Might as well do a gear swap too..

Comment

• Sorry mother nature threw a big wet blanket on the plans, Bri. Good luck on your flight tomorrow. Hope you and Chad have a successful week at SEMA.
                                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X