Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
    Like this?

So did you wait for the boys to wake up from their nap? Or did you use the car to wake them up?

Amazing to see the grass still green. Like the forest in your backyard.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Brian might have passed out, but yes to us nordic irish guys the weather has been been good. Global warming has provided us with more out door productivity.
      Originally posted by TC
      also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

• How are you resisting an open header test drive?!?!?
        I mean...the trans is only cracked a little, right?

I did notice in the vid that at idle there is a little too much luh,luh,luh, tone to the exhaust.... Needs more compression for that nice crisp/sharp idle note!! It does have a beautiful snappy free rev though! I hope the throttle response is just as quick when you jam the gas with it in gear!

Speaking of idle's....I kind of wish you were trying one of Comp's Thumpr cams just so I could get an unbiased opinion on how they work in a car with less than 9.5:1. I've been curious if they really work as advertised, or if it’s just an idle gimmick.
        I've heard they work well in higher compression motors, which makes total sense! All big cams work better with more compression! But these cams are directly advertised to the crowd with "low" compression motors. I just have a hard time believing that any cam that big, no matter how its ground, will work well with less than 9.75:1. (Plus then you get to run a “poser” cam with a sweet idle in Buford without getting picked on, because it’s all in the name of science!!)

Comment

• Andy, the COMP guys had vacuum concerns with a Thumpr in Buford, that's why we ended up with the Xtreme Energy grind.
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• Damn... that almost sounds better than my car! Might have to go do a little video shooting of my own sometime soon. Before we actually get snow that sticks to ground here in Michigan.

Comment

Andy, the COMP guys had vacuum concerns with a Thumpr in Buford, that's why we ended up with the Xtreme Energy grind.
              Vacuum concerns? What for, brakes? I guess I don't see where they're coming from? To me this is the PERFECT car for a Thumpr, no computer controls, carb'd with mechanical HEI! Stick a little vacuum reservoir in the stock charcoal canister location and let'er rip!!!
              I suppose it might be an issue if you really lean into the autocross/handling portion of the program.... But even the Xtreme Energy cam won't have a ton of vacuum.
              Is there a cheap junkyard hydroboost option...? That way you can run a BIG cam in the next motor with no worries?
              Screw it, who needs brakes, they just slow you down!!

Comment

• Holy mother of fantastic. Other than the black wheels - who'd suspect. Sleeperific indeed.
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by andy30thz View Post
                  Vacuum concerns? What for, brakes? I guess I don't see where they're coming from? To me this is the PERFECT car for a Thumpr, no computer controls, carb'd with mechanical HEI! Stick a little vacuum reservoir in the stock charcoal canister location and let'er rip!!!
                  I suppose it might be an issue if you really lean into the autocross/handling portion of the program.... But even the Xtreme Energy cam won't have a ton of vacuum.
                  Is there a cheap junkyard hydroboost option...? That way you can run a BIG cam in the next motor with no worries?
                  Screw it, who needs brakes, they just slow you down!!
                  Just downshift lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Leadsledcaprice View Post
                    Just downshift lol
                    No-no with built trannies..

Comment

Andy, the COMP guys had vacuum concerns with a Thumpr in Buford, that's why we ended up with the Xtreme Energy grind.
                      Brakes are over rated. Sounds great Brian!
                      Last edited by Huskinhano; December 15, 2012, 04:50 PM.
                      Tom
                      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Did a little cuttin' and weldin' to the throttle cable bracket to get it fitting right with the new intake, checked all fluids, and after bolting on the header mufflers I went for a cruise. I CANNOT wait to get the 700R4 back in it as the car is definitely faster on the butt dyno and will really wake up with the OD trans. The car will blaze the rear tires from a stop or a slow roll and the head work along with the headers really seemed to uncork it. Seeing the dyno numbers will be neat. It is OBNOXIOUS with the header mufflers but it has a heck of a roar when the pedal is laid down.
                        Last edited by Brian Lohnes; December 15, 2012, 06:11 PM.
                        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Did a little cuttin' and weldin' to the throttle cable bracket to get it fitting right with the new intake, checked all fluids, and after bolting on the header mufflers I went for a cruise. I CANNOT wait to get the 700R4 back in it as the car is definitely faster on the butt dyno and will really wake up with the OD trans. The car will blaze the rear tires from a stop or a slow roll and the head work along with the headers really seemed to uncork it. Seeing the dyno numbers will be neat. It is OBNOXIOUS with the header mufflers but it has a heck of a roar when the pedal is laid down.
                          Brian, I didn't know you knew how to weld... You know JB-Weld, silicone sealer, Elmer's glue, or sheet metal screws don't count as welding. Sounds like nice work going on here, Keep Us Posted.
                          -d
                          Last edited by dulcich; December 15, 2012, 06:22 PM.

Comment

• Bruab, this thread is

USELESS

WITHOUT

VIDS

DUDE
                            Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

• Can we all chip in and get Brian a GoPro for Christmas?
                              Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

• Originally posted by Caveman Tony View Post
                                Can we all chip in and get Brian a GoPro for Christmas?
                                Shouldn't need one. He has a couple of ReplayXDs kicking around.
                                I take photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X