X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'll take your 20/20 and raise you a 25/30

Comment

• welcome to the reality of aftermarket parts "but this exhaust adds 40hp!"

Meanwhile, you did a kickass job of increasing your Engine Masters Challenge score by stretching the power to a higher RPM, good work there!! Average power improvements are better on street cars than peak power improvements - I bet the car feels a heluva lot quicker than "a few HP more" yes?
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

• I wonder how the cam swap is going.....? The lifter retainers should shave off a decent amount of time.
        As long as the timing chain cover doesn't fight too much going back together...it should be progressing pretty well I hope!

I imagine if the heads can keep up, the cam should move the hp peak at least 1000rpm higher. It will be interesting to see!
        I'm also curious if there will be a noticeable reduction in torque below 3000rpm.

Comment

• I wonder if they hit go on a stop watch and started wrenching - or if they are taking the more relaxed approach.
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
            I wonder if they hit go on a stop watch and started wrenching - or if they are taking the more relaxed approach.
            They're having master mechanic, Jack Daniels helping....

Comment

• that weight with a v8 in it.. I'd know it was a bigger chassis coming. The sound is nice. engine wants to work.

if that is not the greatest of all time to wrap a 5.7 liter...

I miss my 74 chevelle...4dr sedan.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• Anyone have a thermite grenade? Nothing blown up, but a long day at the office! It'll all be in the story! Needless to say, I'll be back on the dyno again very soon.

The lifter dealios worked AWESOME. FYI
                Last edited by Brian Lohnes; January 9, 2013, 07:03 PM.
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• Sweet! No driveshaft excursions!
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Working on a world record for dyno pulls on a car. LOL -- Made like 8 more today. The MSD rev limiter has been getting a work out.

Comment

• Pfft, sounds like it's time to pull the chip

Look forward to the blog
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• So is this round of modifications complete? And has BTJ been thoroughly put through the BangShift approved test regime?

I hear the story is to run on Monday...

Comment

• soooo who want to take bets on how long this transmission stays in one piece LOL
                          Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                          Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

• This opus is coming in installments. Installment one will run on Monday. This thing has more twists and turns than a damned Agatha Christie novel.

Comment

• Progress......Dyno pulls will wear you out, especially when it's your motor.
                              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                                This opus is coming in installments. Installment one will run on Monday. This thing has more twists and turns than a damned Agatha Christie novel.
                                ^^^^ Thinks project cars build are straight forward. Bahhahaha!!
                                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X