• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I find this somewhat reaffirming as I really
    Just want to see 240-250 at the tire when it is right. Seems a
    Reasonable expectation.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• With your heavy wheels and juice trans, would you expect 20-25% drivetrain loss making it 300 or so at the crank?
      That seems pretty reasonable to me.

As much good stuff as you've done to it.... Its still basically a stock 350 with a big cam. (I'm not knocking it, you know I love this project!)

Deck the block to zero, get the compression to 10.25:1 and smack your good heads on there and see what happens!!

I'm kind of glad this thing is as mild as it is!!! If you had this setup on KILL and ran it this lean this long there'd probably be a hole in a piston by now!!!

Get a pump in this thing, oh, and a set of gears......

Comment

• His biggest HP killer are the piston being .050 in the hole.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Was gonna siggest those little baffles in the fuel bowls.. But sitting on a dyno, it would not make a difference..

Comment

• leave the piston alone and run 49 cc iron eagle heads
            run 58 cc on the merc ..great on the street

Comment

• Spidey...you're giving away my long term plan!

There are a couple companies kicking out 50cc iron heads and that's what will end up on here as a way around jerking the bottom end apart. I am comforted that someone else with actual brains about this junk had the same idea!

Comment

• Brian putting bigger jets in the carb isn't going to adjust your WOT AFR's as much as it's going to kill your fuel mileage, you need to play with the Air Bleeds.... Basically you need to go smaller on the High Speed Air Bleeds, if that doesn't richen it up enough, then you have to mess with the emulsion air bleeds in the metering block..... If these two things don't get the AFR's were you want them and your still running lean then you need to calibrate the WOT mixture via the power valve channel restrictors.....

Here's a pic showing you where the high speed air bleeds are.....

Here's a pic of the metering block the air bleeds that the guy is pointing to are the emulsion tube air bleeds, making the ones that are below his pointer smaller will richen up the top end of the rpm range......

And in this pic the guy is pointing to the Power Valve Restrictor Channel, see the jet, that is what needs to be changed to adjust WOT AFR's if the air bleed tuning doesn't get you where you need to be......

So saying all this put the jets back in the carb that came with it and start adjusting the air bleeds.....
                Last edited by TC; April 13, 2013, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• Also one more thing Brian, I don't think you answered this yet, how much preload did you put on the lifters?? Basically after taking the play out of the pushrod how much of a turn did you give them, 1/4 turn, 1/2 turn??

Comment

• fun project with the very availble 350 truck motor

Comment

• Originally posted by TC View Post
                      Also one more thing Brian, I don't think you answered this yet, how much preload did you put on the lifters?? Basically after taking the play out of the pushrod how much of a turn did you give them, 1/4 turn, 1/2 turn??
                      On The Line at chevy all the lifters get 3/4 of a turn

Comment

• Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                        On The Line at chevy all the lifters get 3/4 of a turn
                        Ya but he has those Comp Short Travel lifters, no more than a 1/4 turn recommened.......... or at least that is what it states in the literature that came with the set I got.......

Comment

• yeah ..piddle valve travel
                          I end up using recycled GM rollers ..those things live forever

Comment

• They aren't short travel lifters they are PN 850-16. They got the recommended preload. Like a quarter or half turn. Whatever the directions said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                              They aren't short travel lifters they are PN 850-16. They got the recommended preload. Like a quarter or half turn. Whatever the directions said.
                              Then what were the lifters in the article?? This is the pic from your write up that I was going by.... Notice the 15850-16 part number on the box, that is for Short Travel lifters, the other give away is they are black in color....... Preload recommendation Zero to a 1/4 turn...... I'm just clarifying because if you have to much preload, the lifters will pump up on the top end and hang the valves open and you'll lose power....

Last edited by TC; April 13, 2013, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• Sorry, you are right! They are the short travel jobbers. I set them per the directions. So if I remember right, it was a quarter turn.

I was going to run the valves again tomorrow, so I'll give a check!

Comment

Working...
                                X