No announcement yet.

Buford T Justice -- the full tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• even worse - down here they'll yank your license for racing on the streets. Two cars? Whoooops.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• I still need to figure out this lean condition, but I couldn't stand it any longer. It's time for the beautification of Buford. Bumper filler and new front grille are on the way.
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• About damn time.
        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

• And dark blue metallic paint.
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
            I still need to figure out this lean condition, but I couldn't stand it any longer. It's time for the beautification of Buford. Bumper filler and new front grille are on the way.
            lean condition.... perhaps errant spark?
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• SWEET!! Although I was kind of getting used to Bufords distinctive toothless grin....

Comment

• Autocross action this Sunday....signed up and ready to go.

Comment

• Make sure to buy some real good patience when you go to install those bumper fillers. A good supply of beer will helpful too.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• NICE! Need to have vids for sure!
                    Is it ok to thrash him when running that lean? Did you get the new pump on there?

Can't wait for sideways cone killing action! Maybe it's best that you wait until AFTER the autoX to install the bumper filler!

Comment

• Great day. Got home a little while ago. While this thing sucks on the dyno it proved itself super capable between the cones! Full story with video to follow! The sporty car guys were into it!

Comment

• They really aren't that much bigger than a 70-81 camaro or 64-76 chevelle/Malibu. Those 2 extra doors can be very deceiving.
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• I can't remember, was this your frirst time ever?
                          Can't wait to see the vid! Must sound great with the new pipes!

Comment

• Of the million miles I drove in my life, I don't once ever remember seeing "Dyno rd nor Dyno street..."
                            I suppose there are guys who love the things and surely understand the concept.....BUT... yes BUT I have never gotten one to work well for me.. I just drive as I love to drive, set it till it's sweet... Then drive like I'm supposed to, setting it about there.. Alternating till I got a package I can live with..
                            Good that you like the car!.. DRIVEABILITY is the key to the big grins!

Comment

• Brian... Just another thought on your lean condition...
                              What is the condition of the fuel pickup "sock" in the tank? I've never personally seen it, but I have read in MANY places where it can cause issues similar to this.
                              If all the other stuff you've done doesn't work, check the sending unit filter!

I just saw this on the GT500 boards and made me think of Buford's issues....

Comment

• Also pin holes rusted into the fuel line will limit suction to you mechanical pump. Worst thing I found was a completely disintegrated rubber hose coupling the pick up tube to the filter or in my case the electric pump. Was great news I didn't need a pump. Other than the 14 hr job to drop the rear end , canard bar , cross brace, shocks , heat shield, and the tank. 14 hr job.
                                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                                X