No announcement yet.

Buford T Justice -- the full tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get that 60 foot down to a 1.8 and you'll be staring at a 13.99 slip.

Leave off idle with sticky tires and let that mutha eat.
    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

• ^^^ This. I'd really like to run it again with the current setup and some good rubber on it to see where it would end up. I know it would pick up...just not 100% sure how much.
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• Hmmm.... While a better 60' would give you better times...I'm curious why the MPH seems low?
        Although the MPH does seem to confirm your dyno readings.

Am I just expecting too much from this combo? I thought this would be well over 300hp at the crank?
        Do head limited engines have to be focused on maximum torque because of the low RPM window? (are you over cammed right now?)
        It will be interesting to see how much head flow and compression pick things up!
        I'm also curious how much quench plays a role.... Will this thing never perform as expected because the pistons are so far below deck?
        Last edited by andy30thz; July 6, 2013, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
          ^^^ This. I'd really like to run it again with the current setup and some good rubber on it to see where it would end up. I know it would pick up...just not 100% sure how much.
          A LOT. Probably pick up a couple MPH too.

What's the RPM in the traps?

Comment

• 4.56s , a spool and some M/T stickies

Comment

• Deeper gears might render your first gear moot?
              Suburban has 3:73's and 700r4. It ALWAYS shifts out of 1st by 10 mph..

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                Deeper gears might render your first gear moot?
                Suburban has 3:73's and 700r4. It ALWAYS shifts out of 1st by 10 mph..
                ditto, I'd stick with 3.42 gears as you are not always at the track with this car..
                373 will make 1st gear a waste and shift into 2nd hurting you more than helping everywhere but the track..
                you gonna solocross this thing, that will be a fun with 373 but not fast.
                if you had a th350 or a 200r4 ya 373 or 410. your tires like 26"-27" ?
                if it wasa drag only car, ya. you can make up what little you'll loose at the 60ft with 3.42's with a 100 shot
                Last edited by NewEnglandRaceFan; July 6, 2013, 09:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                  On gears, I was all in on 4.10s but man, 3.73s may be more economical for highway cruising.
                  So what you're saying is you want to go fast but you don't want to go fast... hmmm
                  Last edited by Guest; July 7, 2013, 12:39 AM.

Comment

• I suppose the next move is electric...

Comment

• I wonder what this guy gets on the highway...

of coarse his car's a hell of a lot lighter than yours...

Comment

• 4.10 and a 28 inch tire is not bad. .. worth it to me unless your big block is ready to go. Grin.
                        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Tire is only 25.6 tall. Cruise RPM with 3.73/3.90 at 65 is still reasonable with the .70 overdrive in the 700R4.

In reality if I can get hold of a set of Et streets or raidals that are 28 or so inches tall, the first gear deal wouldn't be a big issue on the track. Not really worried about the short first gear on the street. As far as autocross, the car isn't shifting. When I ran at the one a couple months ago,I locked it into second and left it there. The steeper gear would really help it accelerate between gates and off tight corners.
                          Last edited by Brian Lohnes; July 7, 2013, 07:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NightShifter View Post
                            I suppose the next move is electric...
                            I'd go kinetic energy recycling system.

and toughen the body. Get the girly out.

The split second I see "drop gears to kill torque" I start frothing.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Barry Donovan; July 7, 2013, 07:12 AM.
                            Previously boxer3main
                            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• After trying to wrangle some tires and looking at my schedule for the next month or so, I am gonna tear into the motor and get 'r done as to not waste the precious little time I have. I'll punch it into the 13s on the tires and setup I have now, then get after it with some drag rubber.

Comment

• Update blog coming? Seems like a TON of stuff has happened since the last one!

Can't wait to see the improvments of compression and head flow!

Comment

Working...
                                X