X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buford T Justice -- the full tour

Enter if you dare!

That which you manifest is before you.

Children, like alleged criminals, do not need window cranks or door handles!
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

nice find.

they also strengthened the root arches on those, (on the fords anyway)
      don't sweat the sheet metal back of the wheel well...by now some of those cars entirely are failed. (they flunked starting at 5 years local..almost as embarassing as a tin can subaru.)

the cop car version is the way to go. the ford crown vic also..
      I still browse local..nothing to be found, been several years. the box caprice.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

That license plate fits the car perfect, "1MDP 50" 1 Mass. Drag Patrol 5-0
        sigpic

Comment

1MPD? 1 massive pile of doodoo... hahahaha. J/K... but as SBG would know, there should be a deck warmer on the back to keep the sweaty palms of freshly caught perps from sticking to the rear deck in the winter, and to keep your hands warm while pushing.

I bet long tubes are worth at least 20-25 hp... Dyno testing anything before and after Bruab?

Comment

Hurry up get the Garbage can!!!!!!......

Comment

where are the green hoses ?

Comment

5X5 bolt pattern, a nice set of chrome Astro van wheels with centers would look nice.

Comment

C10 8" wide steelies for 10.00 apiece... any trailer store in town? I don't think I like the Rallye's on them. They lose something on a post '74 GM. I'm not sure if the cop car dog dish caps will fit the truck wheels? Trim rings at your discretion. They'll probably roll for a half mile from the first turn at the auto-x.

Comment

Wheels are eventually going to be 17" Cragar Soft 8s. The drag strip runs in stock form are going to be sad ham.

Comment

Those photos make prepping a Caprice for Group 5 rally racing actually look like a good idea.

Comment

That underhood shot brings back a lot of memories of working on the family 80 olds 88 with the quadrajet 307..... the best thing I did to that engine after rebuilding the carb and recurving the distributor was replacing the miles and miles of vacuum line.... even my Dad said it ran better than new when I was done with it (it sill passed the smog sniffer test if you retarded the static timing a little).

Are you going to run a compression check on the existing 350 or just beat on it until it windows the block, then replace it with an EFI twin turbo stroked small block with full titanium valve train?
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Ah the memories ....

We had a program here set up with GM where our garage would do a rebuild (based on what the individual car needed) at 100k. Most of them got engine/trans/suspension and almost always a driver's seat .... then a fresh coat of white. You could always tell the ones that were re-sprayed .... the paint would flake after about a dozen washes. It ended up not being very cost effective in the mid 90-'s, and that's when we switched to the crown vic exclusively. I remember driving an 86 that had over 200k on it ....

Up until about 2005, we still had a 91 (scud) w/the LT1 that was one of the last to be part of that program .... it was assigned to the highway unit.
                          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                            Are you going to run a compression check on the existing 350 or just beat on it until it windows the block, then replace it with an EFI twin turbo stroked BIG block with full titanium valve train?

Fixed it for ya.
                            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Funny story on the motor. I bought a 350 to rebuild and then I talked to Chad....so I am looking for a 454 to pull apart now.

Comment

Working...
                              X