Buford T Justice -- the full tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
    Funny story on the motor. I bought a 350 to rebuild and then I talked to Chad....so I am looking for a 454 to pull apart now.

Funny how he does that

I know it doesn't sell well, but there are guys like me that like to take a decently big engine and try and squeeze some mpg's out of them.
    Last edited by TheSilverBuick; March 27, 2012, 07:59 AM.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
      1MPD? 1 massive pile of doodoo... hahahaha. J/K... but as SBG would know, there should be a deck warmer on the back to keep the sweaty palms of freshly caught perps from sticking to the rear deck in the winter, and to keep your hands warm while pushing.

I bet long tubes are worth at least 20-25 hp... Dyno testing anything before and after Bruab?
      I thought the rear deck warmer was originally a rear window warmer option on the Yugo for the pushing reasons???

Comment

Still think it needs "SumBitch" on it somewhere!!!LOL. What a neat piece. Keep the updates coming!

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
          where are the green hoses ?
          Green hoses were on later years spidey.
          Brian , your not close to being as cool as half the other things Ive haul in that trunk,
          as I hauled my big block , and the 2 big blocks for my buddies 27 ft boat to Jensens for machine work ! And numerous cases and barrels of beer !
          The trunk of the late 80s caprice was also the choice of the DC sniper, even though they were originally looking for a van.
          Reading , Pa
          Good Guys rodders rep.
          "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
          Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

I don't know what theme you are going to go for on the outside, or how long you are going to wait to do proper body work and paint but I'll send you one of these if you want Then you would have an excuse to ignore the body work for a long time I haven't had the heart to stick it on the Skylark.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0927.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	861197
            Last edited by TheSilverBuick; March 27, 2012, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Randal, can you hook me up with a few of them...one for my mustang!
              Reading , Pa
              Good Guys rodders rep.
              "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
              Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

I got two that I found at a second hand store in 2008 (carjunkieTV era!), unfortunately I don't think any of my cars are junky enough to stick on =P

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto View Post
                  Green hoses were on later years spidey.
                  Brian , your not close to being as cool as half the other things Ive haul in that trunk,
                  as I hauled my big block , and the 2 big blocks for my buddies 27 ft boat to Jensens for machine work ! And numerous cases and barrels of beer !
                  The trunk of the late 80s caprice was also the choice of the DC sniper, even though they were originally looking for a van.
                  89-90 I guess you are right ..in the time frame ..I worked on...westchester county .. NYSP .City of peekskill police cars daily

Comment

Needs a 5.3 with a junkyard turbo setup and a set of Impala ss wheels from like 95

Comment

The 5.3 turbo thing would be cool but I am going semi-neanderthal man BBC. The semi part comes from the fact that it will have EFI on it.

Trying to find a rebuildable used short block now.
                      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

shortblock... utoh. Talked to Chad did you? Somebody has a secret.
                        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

a dana 60 should help in the snow
                          hot rods to hell truck arms ? http://hotrodstohell.net/truckarm/truckarm_index.htm

Comment

Here is your big block Brian, fly out, drive home....pull the 454, install the small block and you just made your money back...

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Joe, your plan is brilliant and awesome, but the big block situation has been sorted out as of about two hours ago.

Stay tuned.
                              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Lohne's in order to preserve your legendary editorial prowess - you simply have to blow up the small block in some sort of spectacular fashion before installing the gorilla engine.

To pull it out for resale or to be used in another BS project would be tolerable, but no where near as much fun to watch.
                                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                                X