Buford T Justice -- the full tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blazerteam View Post
    Going bbc require headers and a better trans...the 700 trans doesnt like torquey engines,but that depends on how much abuse there will be..and it WILL get front heavier..aluminium heads or not..i have a Chevelle standing outside here that proves it.That said...GO FOR IT!!.Its BigBlock or no block.
    OD is over rated... 3.07's and at least 489" ... 400 trans, the 8.5 rear ain't gonna like it. I never did check to see what width, maybe a 9" would kind of slide under there?

AHHH hell, that's twice posting with no completed running project. oooooooops.
    Last edited by Beagle; March 29, 2012, 05:59 PM.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
      wasn't just you brother, I can take a coconut to the head hint!
      Last edited by Beagle; March 29, 2012, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Planning on an OD...also planning on blowing up the 8.5 10 bolt.
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Brian, did you get another snow plow truck motor? Tsk, tsk, tsk...
          Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
            OD is over rated... 3.07's and at least 489" ... 400 trans, the 8.5 rear ain't gonna like it. I never did check to see what width, maybe a 9" would kind of slide under there?

AHHH hell, that's twice posting with no completed running project. oooooooops.
            pfff 3.07? it's a big block he could put in 2.73s and the engine would not even notice lol
            Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
            Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

+

=

I figure with Brian's love of the A-Team van and Ole Buford, why not combine the two? Clad in BangShift colors no less!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerteam View Post
                Going bbc require headers and a better trans...the 700 trans doesnt like torquey engines,but that depends on how much abuse there will be..and it WILL get front heavier..aluminium heads or not..i have a Chevelle standing outside here that proves it.That said...GO FOR IT!!.Its BigBlock or no block.
                the 8.5 10 bolt will shred and the 700 is weak ..and the 4L80e is ....eh

Comment

Richmond 6 speed pls..... this is BANGSHIFT after all. my doug nash 5 spd has been bullet proof.
                  Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by Caustic Frog View Post

I figure with Brian's love of the A-Team van and Ole Buford, why not combine the two? Clad in BangShift colors no less!
                    WIN!
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Needs fender flares and roof spoiler.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mater View Post
                        pfff 3.07? it's a big block he could put in 2.73s and the engine would not even notice lol
                        I have 2.73 in the Chevelle,and i can assure everybody here that looooong black rubber stripes can be laid on the asphalt by both rear tires.The problem(A luxury one)is that i have a 4l80 trans..so i really dont need that 4 th gear..at 6000rpms i will have like 200mph..or more.

A wild guess is that the buford have 3,42,so if the 700 gets blown up..a 400 can be used.

Comment

I was thinking about that last night - the wheel wells are huge. Even with 3.42's you can get enough tire in there to make it the same as a 3.0 range. I'd suspect 3.08's, maybe 3.07's on a 2 series carrier.

A disc Explorer 8.8 may be close in width, or maybe an F150's 8.8 or 9" even. .. budget friendly replacement.

Comment

At some point I want to stick a decent gear in there. The trans will be an OD piece so it will be fun to get choosy with the rear end ratio. Maybe we'll have a contest to see how many passes the story 8.5" 10 bolt survives for after the BBC is living under the hood.
                            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

^^ with slicks!
                              Driveshaft loop please.

Comment

x2
                                Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                                Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Working...
                                X